Chapter 32: Fluster Day

Start from the beginning

"Oh yeah?" Candy advanced towards me, taking small steps.

"Y-Yeah," I stuttered as he closed the distance between us. I couldn't go backwards since I already had a locker behind me.

Wasn't a girl supposed to have some space to back away before the guy cornered her?

I couldn't escape side-ways because if I did that, it would mean that I was finding a way out. That would mean that I was definitely lying.

"So what's his name?" He asked as he kept on taking baby steps towards me.

Well, shit.

"I-uh, Sam-Samuel." I answered, breathing a discreet sigh of relief. Bless Sam for saving my butt.

"Samuel, huh?"

Before I could answer, a message pinged through my phone. I glanced at the lock screen and read it.

From: Sammy

Make him look at your hot legs

Sent at 5:22 PM

Legs? How was I supposed to make him look at my legs? And how was it going to even help.

I couldn't possibly shove them into his face. Plus I wasn't even that tall.

"Whose text was that?" He asked smirking as if he knew that my boyfriend was fictional.

"My bf," I answered, looking into his eyes with confidence. Technically, I wasn't even lying since Sam was pretty much my best friend.

"Oh and what did your 'bf' say?"

"He loves my hot legs," I blurted out, without thinking.

Candy's eyes immediately snapped towards my legs as he advanced. His abrupt movement made me stumble and land on a bench with a 'thump'.

This made his jersey go a bit up, revealing the hem of my shorts.

I saw his eyes go a colour darker as his eyes mapped the length of my legs.

As he did so, I could feel the blush creeping up my cheeks. Why, oh why does it always have to be me?

I quickly composed myself. Speak you dumbo.

"Uhh, Candy? My eyes are up here," I said gesturing to my face.

His eyes widened as he snapped his head away. "I-uh we, you-I -um."

I squinted my eyes to see if I wasn't dreaming. Was he blushing?

I suppressed my giggle and composed my posture before sitting up straight.

"Aaron?" I called, making him look at me.

I slowly dragged my right leg on my left and crossed them, making his eyes involuntarily snap towards them once again.

I stifled my grin as I saw him mutter a few colourful words under his breath before clamping his hand over his face, letting out a groan.

I was loving seeing him get flustered.

This was awesome!

"Is something wrong Candy?" I traded him.

He removed his hand from his face before glaring at me. He took a few moments to shake his head vigorously before speaking.

"Come on. My friends must be waiting for us."

He held out his hand for me but was looking ahead.