“That’s disgusting. But this Garrett guy, he doesn’t make a business out of this does he? So why so many?”

She rubbed her neck, “Well, I think it mostly so he doesn’t get bored with one. We’re almost like a collection to him.”

“Okay, say no more,” I sharply snapped.  “I can’t believe stuff like this happens in the world every day and no one does anything about it. It’s completely unjust!  Those sordid ruffians without any sense of morality or rectitude that revile helpless girls and rend any possibility or hope of a bright future—“

“Okay, I have no idea what you just said,” Fiorella interrupted.

I took in a few deep breaths to quell my anger, “Sorry. I start spitting out SAT vocabulary when I’m mad. It’s how I used to compensate for all the curse words back in high school. Plus it was a good way to study,” I laughed.

Fiorella continued to stare at me blankly as my laugh died into a cough. “Right, um anyways. So have you at least heard of a girl named Jayden around here?”

She shrugged, “There’s no way I could have. The girls here don’t go by their real names. They go by whatever Master Garrett feels like calling them. That’s why they call me Red…yes I know he’s not that creative.”

“Well I don’t have much time here to sit around. I guess I’ll take my chanced I said, getting up from the bed I was sitting on.

“Woah, woah , woah, where are you going?” she said getting up and standing in front of me. I pulled a bobby pin out of my hair and showed her.

“I’m going to go check the other rooms to see if I can find my friend. That’s all I’m here for,” I stated, marching to the door.

“Don’t be so dumb. You’re just going to get yourself in trouble if you do.”

“I don’t care,” I said, raising my voice and emphasizing each word. I knelt down by the door knob and was about to insert the pin, but was quickly pulled back.

“You selfish brat! You’re the nerd! Think about it, if there are guys outside the door then both of us will get in trouble.”

“If there’s really someone out there, don’t you think they would have heard us by now? Besides, they don’t have any reason to hurt you and I know how to take care of myself and survive this mess?”

“What makes you so sure of that? What experience do you have that makes you think you could survive anything these guys could do to you? They’re heartless, mindless creatures with one thought and one thought only, fulfilling their endless appetite. They don’t care about what happens to us, what pains us. Our screams of pain only fuel their pleasure.  They love to see us beg for mercy. We’re just toys to them.”

“Good, all the more reason to get the hell past this door and kill every single one of them, torment them, put them under everything they put you girls under.”

“And you’re going to do all this with what weapon? Your skinny little fists? They’ll shoot you, cut you up with their knives, they don’t care.”

“I can’t just sit here though! I’m already losing precious time just sitting here. I only have until tomorrow to find her and get out of here. Please help me Fiorella. Help me get you out of here too. Help me save as many girls as I can.”

She crossed her arms across her chest. “Even if you could get me out of here I wouldn’t go. I already told you why.”

“You just said all these nasty things about these guys and you’re telling me you don’t want to get away from them?”