She smiled sadly, "I know."

Suddenly, the clouds disappeared and everything was morphing. Suddenly, looking a lot like the old living room in the ran down apartment.

My mom sat on the couch next to me, the TV had one of our favorite blurry bootlegs and a bowl of Frito's and ice cream sat in my lap.

My dad sat across the room at the table. He watched us. The look in his eyes, it smoldered with saddness. With regret. The look was fiery and intense, I had to look away before I got caught up in them and forgave him.

I felt my mother's hand snake up to my hair, massage my scalp. She smiled at me, but it wasn't like the smiles before. Her eyes twinkled with happiness. A happiness she didn't have before.

"Before you can leave, you have to forgive your father." My mother told me, her hair rubbing my face as she cuddled my body into her small one.

We were the same size now. We looked identical to each other. Like we were twins or something.

Her hair was still long and unruly, beautiful curls that sprung wildly. Her eyes were chocolate brown like mine. I couldn't help but holding my breathe in when I saw her.

"I miss you." I whispered to her.

"I know." She said.

"I missed you too Skylander." My father said, his body appearing next to us.

His hand swiped away a couple of tears that I hadn't realized had fallen. I flinched away from him; the memories of him and my mother fighting come back. The memories of him banging on the door so hard it shook and vibrated throughout the whole apartment.

If he had gotten in, what would he have done? Could I forgive for taking my mother away?

"Skylander, come let's take a walk." He said, his voice was gentle like before he got addicted.

But I was afraid. I was angry. I was upset with him.

"Go." My mother instructed.

"No. I have to see you. I have to stay with you and tell you about my life! The pain he caused. I have-" I screamed but she cut me off.

"No. You need to forgive your father and listen to him so you can forgive everyone who hurt you and love Zayne properly." She said at me, her voice calm but assertive. She was staring at me like I had no choice and I guess she was right with the no choice thing.

I stood and my father reached for my hand. I instinctively took a step away from him and he lowered his hand and his head.

I couldn't believe this. My mom was telling me to forgive the man who stole her away from me.

"Skylander, you have to understand. This wasn't my fault." He said, "I'll show you."

Suddenly, I was back at the old apartment but I could see my mother and father in the living room. They were fighting..as always.

"You don't care! That's the problem! You don't care about anyone but yourself!" My mother screamed to the burly man in front of her.

"I do care, Skylar! Stop telling me I don't! You & Skylander are my life!" He screamed back at her. "I want to fix my life for my daughter and for the love of my life. Just give me the chance."

She didn't say anything in response but a quick knock on the door ended the awkward silence that had began to fill the room. My mother peeped through the peephole and frowned.

"Why is Mr. Higgins here?" She said, and pulled open the door.

Mr. Higgins fell to his knees inside the apartment and three men followed him. None of them I recognized but I'd remember their faces for as long as I lived.

They began to ransack the house but nothing was found. We never did own anything of true value.

"Where is your money?" The darkest one screamed at her.

"I don't have any." My mother said, her voice refusing to waver.

"Shit, you got some pussy so that'll have to do." He said and grabbed her hair.

"No, don't touch her!" My father screamed as he tackled the man.

A bullet whizzed and embedded itself into his skull. My mother screamed. It was a heartbroken scream and she began sobbing over my dad's body. I felt her pain, somehow. My chest ached.

It wasn't my father's fault. I had blamed him all these years and he didn't have anything to do with it.

I watched as the bullet killed my parents. I felt sick. I felt dizzy. I felt weak.

"Skye, I'm sorry I wasn't there." My father said, opening his arms. "I'm sorry for everything I ever done. Because it wasn't enough. I was supposed to be there for my babygirl and I wasn't."

Eoc..this was a terrible chapter. Sorry guys. Anyways, don't forget to vote and comment.