The Sudden Explosion

The washing of the waves are shaking the boat side to side, I am in my room, laying on my bed, daydreaming for I have nothing else to do. Feeling the moving waves around the ship more and more, I start to get bored.

Going out of my ship room, I start to look left and right around my surroundings. An empty corridor, lots of doors, red wallpaper, a red carpet but a wooden floor and an air vent. The reason why I'm in this ship is because my friends and I are going on a summer camp, us 9th graders had our graduation before, so to be more clear we're 10th graders, we're starting a summer camp to celebrate our graduation.

I start walking in these empty corridors towards the ship lounge, where my friends are. The ship's lounge is like casino, but no gambling, the sofas are placed in a circle around a table. I'm pretty surprised, this looks like I'm in a 5 star hotel, then my friend Malika starts to wave at me on the corner table. She was with three of my other friends, an emo haired half Chinese and half Indonesian boy named Kent, a half American and half Indonesian called Radka, and the headphones boy born in Sweden but Indonesian named Tio, whose father is the ambassador of the Indonesian embassy.

"Widya! Come here!" Malika called me.

I gave her a look that means I'm coming, then I start walking to them, sitting next to Malika. Tio, Radka and Kent are at the opposite of us.

"So, what do you want to do when get to camp?" Asked Kent.

"How about swimming? I'll give you a swimming lesson Malika." Said Radka.

"Sure that sounds fun." Malika replied. She didn't know how to swim, so this could be a good chance for her to learn.

"I haven't swam in months, so this could be a nice warm up." Said Tio.

"Then it's settled, swimming in summer camp! " I said in excitement.

In the next moment, Rhatu, medium dark haired girl, Lunggar, a tall short dark haired boy, and Arriva, medium brown haired boy, came and took a seat. Rhatu and Lunggar were great friends, so it's pretty easy for them to understand each other, Arriva is one of their friends, so he likes to hang out with them.

Then, Aila, Dion, Ezra and Hanief came, they are close friends, especially Aila and Ezra, they are such great friends. Hanief and Dion are one of those big brother types, they like protecting people who are precious, even though Dion is the youngest in his family and Hanief sometimes like to bully.

Lastly, Anya and Gabby came, these two girls are great friends and really nice, they may not look like it, but they're like alive daisies that it's hard to imagine.

In the next instant, the lounge speaker starts to buzz, every room in this ship has a speaker to announce an announcement, so it's useful sometimes.

"Students from Tunas Indonesia, this is the captain, we will be arriving to Kaerita Island in 3 hours, we hope you enjoy your stay."
Said the speaker, the captain is a kind man to lend us a hand to get to Kaerita Island, in a nice boat, for free? He quickly agreed when we said that Kaerita Island is our summer camp.

Then Tio stands up, " I have to go use the bathroom. I'll be right back." He said.

With those words, he starts to walk outside the lounge. Then, I caught a glimpse of somebody following Tio from behind.

"Guys, I saw somebody following Tio." I said to them.

My friends looked surprised but confused.

"Are you sure? Not only your imagination? " Asked Radka.

"100% sure, I'm worried about Tio." I said.

Then the atmosphere starts to grow weird.

"Let's check on him, I'm starting to be worried about him too." Suggested Malika.

We all agreed and start to go out of the lounge to search for Tio. The bathroom way is to the left so we start to follow the left sign.

We walk deeper into these halls, but no reach to the bathroom. Finally we arrive at the bathroom, but no sign of Tio, we start to worry more that I start to pull my hair.

"Where is Tio?" Asked Radka in a worry.

"Oh no, you don't think...." Asked Kent in a worry.

In the next instant, we start to hear footsteps running towards us, the footsteps are behind, so we flip to see who this mystery runner is, it was Tio, in both a hurry and a panic. Seeing him panic, makes us tremble by a bit.

"Guys! Thank goodness you're here." Said Tio, he was relieved, taking a deep breath, still a bit panicked.

"What's wrong Tio? We saw somebody follow you Tio, so we were worried." I said.

" That person, is actually the captain, when I found out he was following me, I felt he chills, he was as strange as a stranger, but Thank God he didn't notice me knowing that he was there. Then, after a few steps, he started to leave, I followed him back just to see what he's up to, he lead me to the captain's room, there he was talking to somebody in the phone, he was saying something, it was about blowing the ship up and us along with it." He said in a frightened look.

I can't believe, is that ship captain crazy? Everyone else looked terrified. Then, in an instant the ship starts to shake abruptly, I hear not only my scream, the others as well, all of my friends. The ship is actually shaking, like an earthquake striked, but I knew this shake was not coming from the ocean, it was from the ship, I can feel it.

I start to think why is this happening, whlie shaking left and right abruptly, then a thought strikes me, it must be the captain.

Before I can say any word, I was pulled back to a window, crashing, shattering the window, causing me to fall out of the ship.

I don't know what's happening now, my vision is going blank, but the thing I can only feel, is the ocean water on my skin.