New house in Santa Cruz

The plane lands in the private air field that the Diablo family own. The door opens to the plane and the flight attendant looks at Maddox and I. "Have a great stay in Santa Cruz."

I smile. "We will."

Maddox and I walk down the stairs.

There's a limo parked close to the plane. The driver steps out of the car and opens the door for Maddox and I. "Hello, Miss Black, Mr Colt."

I wave. "Hey,"

I climb into the limo and take the seat next to the window.

Maddox climbs in and takes a seat next to me. He opens his arms for me and I lie on him. "Do you know what the house next door to Vincent looks like?"

I shake my head. "No, I'm guessing it would be similar to the one he lives in. He won't spend under 1 million on a house for us."

Maddox laughs. "You sure have a great friend in him. How did you meet him?"

"Maddox, I can't tell you without him. I'm sorry."

He sighs. "Is it bad the way you met him."

I pull away from him. "Stop! I will tell you soon. Please, stop asking."

I move over to the window and look at the beach as we pass it.

Ten minutes later, the limo pulls in front of the mansion and the gates open. The driver pulls in front of the mansion. It's a white house, there's a pool to the side of the house, a decking with a swing chair on it.

A 6'2 blonde, blue eyed guy in a suit walks down the stairs and he stops in front of me. He looks me up and down. He scoffs. "I see why my brother kept you alive."

I roll my eyes. "I see why you didn't take over the family business."

He laughs. "You're a brave girl. I think that's the reason why my brother kept you alive after the things you heard."

"Or stupid." I mutter.

He extends his arm. "I'm Lincoln."

I shake his hand. "Samantha, but you already knew that." I point behind me. "That's my fiancé Maddox Colt."

Lincoln smiles. "I know all about Mr Colt. My bookies would be proud to have him on the books."

I push Lincoln back. "I'm not going to let you use him for dirty money. If that's what you want. Get off my fucking property and leave us alone."

Lincoln grabs me by the throat. "Don't you ever tell me what to do, bitch."

I gasp for breathe.

Maddox runs over to us. He tackles Lincoln to the ground. He punches the guy. "You could have killed her and my daughter. I nearly lost them." He keeps kicking Lincoln.

Vincent runs through the trees. "What the fuck is happening?"

Maddox stops kicking Lincoln.

"Vincent," I croak.

He turns to me. "Sam," He runs over. "Who did this to you?"

"Lincoln."

Vincent pulls out his gun. He moves towards his brother. "Maddox, take her to the house. I'll have a doctor check on her in a minute. Don't stand near any windows I don't want you to see this."

Maddox claps him on the back. "Do what you have to man. Thank you for always being around when she needs your help. When I leave for work I want Peyton and you to check on her everyday."

Vincent nods. "We will. Now, go."

Maddox lifts me and carries me bridal style into the house. He stops in the lounge room and puts me on the lounge. He turns on some music. He sits on the lounge and pulls me into his arms. "You have his hand print on you."

"Does it look bad?"

"Yes," before he can say anything else a mobile rings.

'We are family' plays from my mobile. I look at it and curse.

Maddox looks at me. "What is it?"

I move toward my phone and I look at the picture of Mum, Dad and I as it flashes across the screen.

Maddox looks at the photo. "Is that your parents?"

I nod. "They probably want to apologise for the way they've treated me since Gina's wedding."

He takes the phone from me. "Do you want to talk to them?"

I mouth. "No,"

He answers the phone and puts it on loud speaker.

Maddox: Can you please stop calling. She doesn't want to talk to you.

Mum: I need to speak to my daughter. It's an emergency. Her father is in the hospital. He had a heart attack when he found out the things that Gina did to her. I want to make sure my daughter is fine.

Me: Mum, I'm fine.

Mum: Good, please, come home. I want to apologise face-to-face for listening to all the things your sister has said and done. Can you tell me if my Grandchild is okay?

Me: She's fine. We are both fine. I'll see you tomorrow.

Mum: Bye, sweetheart.

Maddox hangs up the phone. "Do you want me to come with you?"

I nod. "Yeah, my parents want to meet our child's father. Can you skip Monday practice?"

"I'll talk to coach. I'm sure it won't be a problem."

I hug him. "Thank you,"

The doctor walks into the room and checks my neck. "The bruising should go away in a couple of days. If you're worried about the baby come to my office and I can do the scan."

Vincent walks into the house. His suit is covered in blood. His face has a splatter of blood on it. "You don't have to go the surgery to do the scan." Vincent wheels out the machine. "I brought one of these for my house also. If anything happens to the baby we'll be able to find out straight away."

I lift my top and Doctor moves the want around. I see my baby turn away from us. I laugh. "I think she hates all this stuff keeps happening to us."

Maddox laughs. "I think you're right."

The Doctor puts the wand away. "I have to go." He leaves the house.

I look at Vincent. "We need to tell Maddox how we met."

Vincent nods. "I knew this day would come."

I stand next to Vincent. "When I was living here I got locked out the café and I heard gun shots and yelling. I kept banging on the door and no one let me in. I saw a limo coming towards me. The door to the café opened and I ran inside. I got my stuff and walked out. The limo pulled over and Vincent stepped out..."

"... I demanded her to tell me what she heard and saw. She told me nothing," he looks at me. "I knew she way lying. She asked if she could go and I let her. I followed her everywhere. I watched from a distance. I noticed that she was an amazing woman and I wanted to get to know her..."

"... He found me sleeping in the female toilet and he took me home with him. From that moment we became Best Friends..."

Vincent looks at me as he says. "And I'll protect you until the day it kills me. You're family, Samantha." He kisses my cheek.

Maddox nods. "Thank you for telling me."

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

This book is coming to a close. Two chapters left and then the Epilogue.