At the Cafe

I wake up early the next day to avoid all the love birds in the house. I sneak out the back door and make my wake to the Café.

When I get to the café Lauren is sitting in a chair talking to some blonde guy.

I stop in my tracks when I notice who it is.

OMG! She has a crush on Jaxon.

Lauren twirls her blonde hair around her finger as she chats with him.

I enter the café.

Jaxon stops midway through his conversation with my boss.

"Excuse me," I hear him say.

I walk into the back office and place my stuff on the ground.

Jaxon has both of his arms on the door and he looks at me. "I've missed my neighbour the past couple of days."

I shake my head. "You shouldn't miss me, Jaxon. I'm carrying someone else's child and I need to go to him this weekend."

"Why do you need to see him this weekend?"

"Get out of way." I push past him. "Go back to Lauren. I know you like her. She likes you as well."

He frowns. "How do you know?"

I smile. "She told me she was interested in someone and he went overseas. I put two and two together and came up with you. When a girl flirts she twirls her hair and get a far-away look in her eyes, just the way Lauren does with you."

Lauren frowns.

I push him out the door. "Go to her."

Jaxon walks away and he sits across from her. He touches her leg.

I stand behind the register and serve customers as they step into the café. I make coffee for the boss and Jaxon. "Janet, take this over to the boss and her date." I put a slice of my cake on the plate.

Janet returns to the counter and she takes the cake and spoon to the table.

Lauren turns to me and mouths. "Thank you,"

I nod.

She turns her attention back to Jaxon.

He cuts the cake and places the spoon into her mouth.

Caleb walks into the café. "Hey, Sammy, are the girls coming around today?"

I shrug. "I didn't see them this morning. The day's still young they could show up whenever."

Caleb enters the kitchen and he starts to clean the dishes.

I serve more customers as they start showing up.

The brownies are the first to go.

I have to make more of my brownies.

I look at Janet. "Can you serve the customer's? I'm going to the kitchen to make more brownies."

Caleb and I make more cakes.

Lauren enters the kitchen. She looks at the mess. "Clean the kitchen, Sam. Join me at the table once you are done."

"Alright, Lauren."

Caleb and I scrub the table and wash the dishes.

When I step out of the kitchen my friends all are sitting at a table.

I make drinks for everyone.

Janet helps me take the drinks over to my friends.

Jaxon turns to me. "Do you have any brownies left?"