Chapter 50

Kali POV

Word got out that Tylene sent some mark ass nigga to supposedly hit up my girl to send me a message. Tylene was a rookie, everybody knew that when you where in the game kids and families weren't to be touched unless you wanted to start a war. I damn near had a heart attack when I got that phone call about Kori being in the hospital. That's why my pops always told me not to get serious with no girl, he told me that if I got serious with anybody that they'll be a target just like my uncle Jarrods wife. He said that my aunt Helen was rapped and held at gun point because of some beef my uncle had. He would always sat that the niggas in these streets didn't have anything to lose , they were ruthless and they didn't care about hitting up the ones you loved. He was right , I should have listened and Korrine wouldn't be laid up in a hospital bed fighting for her life.
I rushed through the hospital entrance and ran over to the front desk. " Im here to see Korrine Ventura." I said quickly. The lady looked at her computer and started typing. "I'm sorry but she's undergoing surgery right now." She informed me.
I ran my hand down my freshly cut hair
. "Do you know her status ? Is she going to make it?" I questioned. The lady shook her had. "I can't give out any information on a patient due to HIPPA violations if you aren't immediate family." She said.
"Fuckkkk!" I cursed under my breath while banging my fist on the desk.
An older lady walked up to me and glared at me before she spoke.
"Your King's son aren't you?" The random lady asked.
I brushed my clothes off and stood up straight before I directed my attention to her. "Yeah who wants to know?" I asked.
"You need to stay away from my granddaughter! You ain't nothing but a low down drug dealer! This wouldn't of never happened if it weren't for you! She didn't deserve this! I sent my baby down to Alabama to finish school and to build a bond with her sister. I'm on my death bed and I had to catch a flight to come and get my granddaughter. If something happens to my baby I'm gonna kill you myself! I don't have nothing to lose I'm already dying!" She exclaimed.
My eyes widened at this old ass lady as she cursed me out and called me out of my name . "You don't know me lady." I said plainly.
She scoffed.
"I know enough! I know that your drug dealing ass father and his brother ruined my daughters life with the lifestyle they were living! You don't get nothing but karma for being in these streets. Your uncle Jarrod got killed and that was his karma. He was a bad man and he put my daughter in danger. In a matter of time King will get his karma as well. KORRINE wouldn't be here alive today if I didn't take her in as her legal guardian. You and that family of yours need to stay away from my child! Y'all aren't any good and y'all only bring bad luck. Karma follows your family because all of the the dirty things you all  have done over the years. God bless y'all's soul!"She cried.
I chuckled. " As I stated before, you don't know shit about me. I came down here to check on my girl not get lectured by no old ass lady. I suggest that you just sit there and be quiet, you've been talking ever since I got here. I don't want to hear shit you got to say if your going to keep putting the blame on me. I came here for my girl and you can't run me away, I'm not scared of you. I don't take threats very lightly, but I will let you know that I don't have shit to lose either. Whatever happened with your daughter and my uncle don't got a damn thing to do with me. Korrine is about to graduate she's damn near legal and she can make her own decisions. I didn't force her to be apart of my life she chose to be. She already knew what kind of lifestyle I lived and I did my best to keep her away from all of this. You think your the only one hurting behind all of this ? Your wrong!" I spat.
"Your a disrespectful little shit and I don't see what my granddaughters see's in your nappy headed ass! She'll learn one day, that one day I won't be here to save her. My sweet baby I pray she doesn't end up like her mother. I'm trying to save her! You Livingston's will not corrupt anymore of my kids! You need to learn to have some respect for your elders!" She yelled.

"A wise man always told me that you can't get respect unless you give respect. I don't care how old you are , you came walking all up on me cussing me out. That's disrespectful and I'm only returning that same energy back to you.
That's what's wrong with the elderly now they cant take what they dish out. I don't have a problem respecting my elder but they gone have to come correct. Your acting my age right now and it's a serious matter going on. My girlfriend may not make it off of that surgery table and you over here with a loose mouth talking about shit that happened before I was even born. You need to check yourself, Im not one of those type of people that's just going to bow down to you because your somebodies grandmother. I move off of other people's vibe towards me and your vibe is negative right now so that's what vibe your going to get back from me."
Her eyes softened as she looked at me. She didn't have anything else to say to me she just broke down in tears in the middle of the emergency room. I walked up to her and embraced her into my arms as she cried. I knew she was hurting and she was only taking her anger out on me but I was hurting too. Them lame ass niggas just didn't know what I had in store for them. I was painting the city red behind Korrine, she wasn't just no anybody. That was my girl and I loved her. I couldn't believe I fucked around and fell in love with her.
Tylen was gone feel my wrath.
I wasn't letting this go.