Chapter 31

Korrine

"Kali where are we going?"I whined.
We were driving for what seemed like hours and he wouldn't tell me where we were going after asking a thousand times.

"You so damn worsum at least wait until we get there first girl damn girl."I sighed folding my arms together as I waited impatiently until we came to a sudden stop.
I just wanted to lay up and watch movies all night but he dragged me out of the house and wouldn't tell me where we were going.

He pulled up at a fairground and got out before he jogged over to my side to open the door for me. I smiled and got out as I admired all the rides and colorful lights brightening up in the darkness.
"You ready to have some fun ma?"Kali asked as he grabbed my hand and led me to the huge line to get our tickets.

"Yesss Ive never been to a fair before."I squealed.
He laughed.
"It's a first time for everything beautiful. Im honored to be the first person to take you to the fair." He smiled. I rolled my eyes and gave him a nudge before the line moved.

I stared at all the scary rides flipping and turning really fast while I waited on our turn to get our tickets to get inside. The people in front of us grew increasingly excited and impatient as they took a few steps forward every so often.
I could here the rides screeching and the people screaming loudly while the roller coaster turned them upside down and swooped back around in a circle. I grew eager by the minute to get inside to get on some rides.

I watched the group of teenagers in front of us pay for their tickets and be on their way. We walked to the counter after them. Kali bought both of our tickets to ride all the rides before we followed the crowd of people inside.
I shivered as the cool air hit my bare arms regretting not bringing a jacket with me. "You cold?"Kali asked taking off his jacket.

I nodded while he put it over my shoulders. " Put this on." He said. I smiled and put my arms through it before we made it inside of the entrance.
As we walked inside I could feel the hay on my feet and smell the sweetness of the kettle corn being popped off to my left. I could smell grease in the air as I looked to my right getting a glimpse of the chicken on a stick and fried oreos on display.

I licked my lips while we passed by all of the food stands as my stomach growled loudly. He chuckled. "You hungry ma?" I covered my face feeling embarrassed "A little." I said lowly.

"Don't be shy girl what do you want?."He asked.
I hesitated before I looked up at him. " I really want a candy apple, a slice of pizza, some cotton candy, a funnel cake, chicken on a stick, some fried Oreos and some loaded fries... Ohhh and a snowcone. I grinned.

"Damn girl and where all this food going? It must be going to your head because it damn sure ain't going to your ass."He laughed. I slapped his arm not finding his joke funny. "My head is not that big."I said mugging him.

"We can get your food after we ride the rides cause I dont want you throwing up on the rides."He said. I nodded as be dragged me to biggest ride he saw out here tonight.
I gulped as I looked up at the ride , it went all the way up in the sky and dropped down really fast. I tightened my grip on Kali's arm as he looked over at me with a concerned facial expression. "You good ma?"He asked. I nodded my head hesitantly as the lined moved a little.

"Can I see see your wristbands?" The attendant spoke. We both held up our wrist and entered the ride before he led us to two empty seats and made sure we were situated.  "Enjoy the ride kids."He smiled.