Chapter 29

Helen

I sat in my cell room tapping my feet nervously as I waited on Kyser to show up. The conversation I needed to have with her was long overdue I just hated talking about my past. I wasn't the best mother to her and she needed some type of closure to move on with her life.
I was always going to be here if she needed me but I couldn't force her to try to rebuild our relationship."Mrs. Williams its time to take your medication", A guard said handing me a cup filled with pills and another cup with water.
I grabbed the cups and sat down on my bunk. I looked inside of the cup before I emptied the pills inside of my hand reminiscing back to when I was pregnant with Korrine.

I couldn't stomach the fact that I only had a couple years until I died. I could hear my doctor's words repeating inside of my head over and over.

"Im sorry Mrs. Livingston but you've tested positive for HIV. Since your pregnant that puts you at a higher risk for pre term birth and stillborn birth. You can also pass the virus to your baby during birth or breastfeeding. But I'm here to make sure you get the proper treatment which will reduce your baby's risk to 1 percent".

"One phone call and make it quick", another guard said startling me as she unlocked my cell. I quickly wiped my tears away and popped all of the pills inside of my mouth and gulped the water down before I got up.

She roughly grabbed my arm and pushed me ahead of her. I slowly walked passed all of my cell mates as my shackles clacked together.
I stood in line to use the phone when Big C approached me. "What's up baby?"She asked rubbing my face softly with her hand.. I moved my head away as she chuckled. "I don't know why you playing so hard to get pretty lady. I own this jailhouse and anything Big C wants Big C gets!" She smiled.

I stood there quietly not wanting to entertain her. She was a huge manly female and I didn't plan on fighting her. If I wanted to get rid of her I had to shank her but I would never get out of here if I made one wrong move.
She pushed passed me and skipped me as she grabbed the phone off of the hook and dialed a number. I sighed and put my head back in the air I couldn't believe I had to spend the next three years in this fucking place. It was going to be the death of me.

Big C slammed the phone down taken me out of my thoughts as she stormed out of the room brushing passed me. I grabbed the phone and hesitated on dialing the number as I thought back to my child hood.

"Chris I cant do it anymore I don't know what to do Helen has never acted out as bad as this", she said as tears ran down her face.

"She's only acting out because you give Antoinette more attention than her your showing favoritism between your two daughters and its gotta stop or she'll always resent you".

"Im not showing favoritism I love both of my daughters unconditionally".

"You may love them both but your missing the bigger picture. You spend more time with nette and give her more attention than Helen and a blind man can see that." My dad reminded her.

She shook her head in denial as she paced the floor. "NO! I treat them both equally! Helen is just acting out because she always wants things to go her way."

My dad shook his head. "You need to open your eyes Kim I would hate to see you lose a daughter all because of your actions." He said before walking away.

"Helen are you there answer me!" My mom yelled over the phone.

"Hi mom." I said lowly.