Chapter 20

Korrine

I got off the bus and wiped the beads of sweat from my forehead. I looked around the unfamiliar place and I sighed as I walked over to a bench and plopped down on it. I was upset that I had to leave Atlanta during my senior year to come live with my sister who I barely even know. Grandma wasn't dying I wasn't going to believe that. I just couldn't lose her and I prayed that this was all a joke. It was just her wanting me to get closer to Kyser in case something did happen to her.
I fished my phone out of my pocket and glanced up as a white man stared at me. "You see that little black girl sitting over there by herself?" He pointed out to another one."Yeah I see her Bubbah she must don't know where she's at." He said eyeing me.
I opened my mouth to speak but decided against it. I quickly got up and walked inside of the bus station and took a seat next to the restrooms. My grandma told me I would experience racism in Alabama. I didn't know it was going to be this bad. She always told me to pick my battles wisely and I knew to turn that one down instantly. I looked down at my phone as Kys name started flashing across the screen. I quickly answered it in a panic wanting to get the hell away from here.

"Where are you?" I said nervously. I didn't know how much longer I could wait on her without freaking out. "Im outside the parking lot parked by the door come on." She said.
I got up and gathered my things before I rushed out of the door and sped walked to her car. I got inside and I slid down in my seat taking a deep breath."In relief.

"Whats wrong with you?" She questioned.
I sat up in my seat and looked over to where the two white me were sitting.
"I didn't know it was going to be racist people bothering me as soon as I got here." I stressed.

"Yeah you have to look over them. We do live in one of the most racist states." She reminded me. I looked over at her taking in her appearance and the outfit she was wearing. She was definitely a baddie and I could feel myself starting to get jealous. I didn't look exactly like her mostly because we didn't have the same dad. We both shared hazel green eyes , it was a strong gene in our family. My grandma told me everything that happened with my mom and us and it turned out that Jarrod wasn't my dad. She told me to keep my mouth shut and I was going to do just that.

I just didn't see why mom wouldn't keep it real with her. She practically lived with her her whole life and she never once sat her down to explain to her what happen when we were younger and why I lived with grandma.
I was the youngest and I knew everything. I just wondered who my dad was. She would never tell me but I was curious to find out. I wanted to know who the monster was that took advantage of my mom while he was drunk and conceived me.

He was a dirty bastard and I was just happy my mom decided to keep me. She eventually had to give me up to my grandmother due to her husband not wanting me around him. I was taken out of my thoughts as we pulled up to a large estate with expensive cars parked in the drive way. I forgot to mention that my sister was driving a custom colored rose gold G wagon.

She was living in luxuries and I was kind of happy about that. When I was back in Atlanta with my grandmother we shared a two bedroom one bathroom small home. I really needed my space but I never complained because she did the best she could do to take care of us. "Who lives with you?" I asked still amazed by the house.

"This is actually my boyfriends house. We live here together and his mother". I nodded as she parked the car and we both got out of the truck.
I followed behind her as her heels clacked on the pavement until we made it to the front door. She took her keys out of her purse and before she could open the door it was snatched open and a cute dark skin guy stood shirtless smiling at her.