The Pleasure Is All Mine

Start from the beginning

"Beautiful." He murmurs, stepping dangerously close to me.

Was he calling me beautiful? I felt my cheeks blush and I had to remind myself to breathe. Why does he have such an effect on me? I smile and turn to lead him towards my apartment.

We enter the building and make our way up the stairs and I can feel his eyes on me. I'm not particularly dressed up, nor am I dressed down as one would be for moving. But I think I look pretty good today.

As I reached the top of the stairs, I take a quick glance over my shoulders and sure enough, Mr. Rick Grime's stunning, cerulean eyes are glued to my ass. If it were any other guy, I would be complaining.

But with him, I don't mind one bit.

I hand him one of my cases to free up my hand so I can dig for my keys. I unlock the door and swing it open.

"Come on in," I say, setting my things down on the fireplace mantel.

"Wow," he says, trailing close behind me, "your place is really nice." He says sincerely, setting my plaques down.

"Thanks, it was the fireplace and the huge bathroom that sold me," I admit.

He nods looking up at the high ceiling, "The downstairs apartments are newly renovated, but aren't nearly as big." Rick tells me. "I think my place is the size of your coat closet." He chuckles.

I laugh too, looking at my coat closet full of boxes, I like his sense of humor, and what he said was news to me, I assumed all the apartments in this building were the same size.

He takes another appreciative look around my place and says, "Let's go get that table."

We get the table into the apartment building, up the staircase, and to its final resting place in front of my white sofa and I am finally able to completely relax. Well, as much as a person can relax with a curly-haired, blue-eyed Adonis standing in your living room.

"Can I get you something to drink?" I ask, if I had food, I'd offer to cook him dinner, anything to get him to stay here with me for a while.

"Water is good," he says, running his hands through his dark curly locks. I remember him doing that at the nightclub, the look in his eyes was so wild and uninhibited. I'd give anything to see him look at me like that again.

In the dining room, I open the box marked 'dishes', grab two glasses and I go to the fridge to get our water.

"We picked a good day to move," He says taking the glass of water.

"Yeah, the weather report says it should be like this all weekend," I reply while slipping out of my sandals. "Please have a seat," I offer.

He takes a seat on the couch and I sit next to him with my feet curled under my body.

Take off your shirt too, I don't mind at all. That's what my head is screaming. Speaking of heads, it's time to pick his.

"So what do you do for a living Rick Grimes?"

"I'm the King's, County Sherriff." He sputters.

I was floored.

I'd heard there was a newly elected sheriff due to the untimely death of Sherriff Blake, but my life has been in such upheaval, that I didn't bother to look into it any further. I didn't bother masking how impressed I was either.

"Well." I flirtatiously bat my eyes. "I feel totally safe knowing you're just right downstairs." I can feel the goofy smile on my face but it's all good, he's watching me right now and he's blushing too.

*****

RICK'S POV

I was glad to finally have a place of my own, even if the apartment was smaller than I was accustomed to. It's not like I had a lot of things to put in here anyway. She's keeping everything... Not that I want or need it, so no loss there.