Chapter 23

Hi guys!
I'm changing the story's view :)
Let me know if you prefer it!
-------
Johnny lay on the floor of his bedroom, still in his wolf form.
Lucinda and John's father applying herbs and medicine to his wounds.
"Why is he still like this?" Lucinda asked as she wiped down the old blood from Johnny's foreleg, cleaning the blood clots from the fur.
"His wounds are deep, so he must remain like this until his wounds are washed and treated. I'll take my leave now to talk to that young whelp, it's now you're job to tend to your mate" Jeremy walked out in a huff and closed the door heavily behind him.
Johnny's nose twitched at every nerve touched by the cool cotton cloth that Lucinda applied to his wounds.
His dark velvet fur on his neck rose in pain of every stroke.
"Johnny. I'm sorry for everything I've put you through, you wouldn't be like this if I hadn't of wandered away like that.." Lucinda sobbed and looked carefully at Johnny's expressions, she was expecting to have her throat torn out from his massive jaws. But instead, Johnny's muzzle met Lucinda's lap. His heavy head lay peacefully, a small noise rose from his throat.
Lucinda's hand gently stoke his head, and played with his ears, small wincing noises escaped Johnny's lips.
"Johnny.." Lucinda asked in a whisper.
A urge of strong passion burned in her chest.
His large head slightly tilted up towards Lucinda beautiful face. His bright eyes glowed at hers in question.
"I.. I think I'm ready" saying that, Lucinda felt almost out of breath. Johnny had defended her with his own life, even almost killed his own brother to protect her.
Jonathan seeped with love and respect for Lucinda, and she pushed away everything he had done. Lucinda felt like she really could do this, how she could run by his side, a man who would drop to his knees at the very snap of her fingers. She wanted to feel what Johnny felt for her, the same passion and love that he has, feel everything he felt. And she knew, there was only one way.
But in his state, she knew she had to wait.

By the words and sound of Lucinda finally saying that, a different look of passion burned in Johnny's eyes. Like all the pain and anger vanished from his face.
Johnny made his response, gently nuzzling into Lucinda's stomach firmly. By his act, Lucinda could g stop smiling, they shared the same emotions for the first time, both afraid but overflowing with happiness.

Laying in bed, Lucinda thought of all the things that she could do if she where one of them. Smell and see beyond her imagination, speed at incredible heights. Strength of a bear. Be able to take blows and heal almost instantly.
Johnny still laid on the floor in his wolfs form, not yet ready to change.
The bed felt empty without him keeping her warm, Johnny must of felt something as he was In seconds on the bed next to her, his tail and back legs hung over the king sized bed.
Lucinda turned toward the hulking beast, and wrapped her arms around his head, he found her stomach soft and warm like a pillow, in seconds. The wolf fell asleep.