Chapter 5

Today is the day.. The day I have my first 'date' In years, and I'm actually looking forward to it..
Not really, I'm shitting myself!

"Ouch! Easy" I help at Vivian, tugging at my hair with a brush and curler.

"Beauty doesn't come easy!" Vivian laughed and tugged hard again.

The brought the hair dryer out, and brushed my hair upwards to get volume.

Bits of stray blonde hair caught in my mouth, and more tugging.

"All done!" Vivian said in a fancy voice.

I stood up in the lovely dress, and I looked in the mirror, my long blonde straight hair, was now in loose, long bouncy curls.

"Looks great!" I smiled at myself and played with my hair.

"I know, aren't I fantastic!" Vivian chuckled and set down the hair dryer.

"Right now, make up!" She clapped her hands and grabbed my by the shoulders.

"No.. I think I'll stay away form make up, I think he will like me without if" my lashes are naturally dark and long, and my skin was always clear.

"Should I take my lip rings out?" I asked Vivian.

"Nah! If you don't want the kiss to last you can stab him!" Vivian laughed evilly and walked out of the room.

I stood there motionless, I accually look like a woman, not a tomboy.

I'm going to be fine.. I felt like I was going to die, what if he can't do it, rejects me or doesn't like the way I look!

I build up pride, and took a deep breath.

I grabbed the thongs that went with the dress, gold and blue.

Walking out to the lounge room and grabbed my keys off the couch.
Vivian was already scoffing a hot milo and biscuits, watching the hangover.

"I'm ready..wish me luck" I gave a nervous smile.

"You'll be fine! Chin up! Be yourself" she smiled back at me then scoffed her face again, hah..not a care in the world.

-------

Driving down the Main Street, engine roaring.
I found myself nearing the tattoo shop..

I started to feel sweaty and wanted to freak out.
But I swallowed my fear and parked the car, turning off the engine, and taking Afew small breathes before getting out.

Closing the door, I got a Whiff of that sweet, musky smell again.
I grabbed the door handle and swung it open, to see the red headed lady reading a magazine.

She put the magazine down and smiled at me "he's been waiting, go around back" she pointed at the curtain.

"Thanks, I'm sorry, I didn't get your name?" I felt rude not asking.

She gave me a wide smile "Cleo"
She grabbed the magazine again

"Great to know your name finally" I chuckled.

"Don't be too intimidated by Johnny, he's really a big teddy bear" she smirked.

-----

I neared the curtain, and my blood ran hot, the smell got so strong.

"Johnny? It's Lucinda.." I waited at the curtain.

It flung open, and there he was. Towering over me, In a nice pair of jeans, and a white dress shirt with a black tie.
Oh my...
I felt so over dressed.

His eyes gawked at me "you.. You look ravishing" Johnny smiled at me, I could see his eyes search my hair and dress. Then meet my face again.

"You look very good yourself" stupid..stupid!

He chuckled at that, and nodded.
"Where would you like to go?" He placed one arm resting on the door frame, I could see the outline of his biceps..I felt weak in the knees again.

"I'm think of the down town lunch bar" I smiled nervously.

Johnny looked surprised "a lovely dressed woman shouldn't be eating at a old bar" he raised an eyebrow.

"They make the best burgers there" I smiled up at him.

"Ha.. I like your taste" he chuckled deeply.
His voice was like thunder.

---------
We reached outside the shop, and he stopped "I'm sorry but my car is getting repaired, can we take yours?"

"My beast? Are you worthy of it?" He grinned back over my shoulder.

He laughed, actually laughed properly, amazing laugh, and a beautiful smile.

"Can I prove myself?"he frowned sarcastically at me.

Giggling back at him, well..Atleast it's going well so far?

I unlocked the car, and went to grab the handle.
"No no.." Johnny stood infront of me, and then opened the car door for me.

"After you" he slowly bowed.

I was shocked by his manners.

"Thank you my good sir" I smirked sarcastically.

------
Driving up town, I could see him smile at the corner of my eye.
The v8 roared under our seats, changing gears.

"Man..I want this car" he laughed at me.

"She's my baby" I patted the steering wheel.

We had reached our location, only one car was parked. Atleast it won't be crowded.

I started to feel nervous again.