Chapter 7

Later that afternoon, I felt so good.
I finally did it, and I felt so strongly for him, I felt like I needed him And It was suppose to happen..

I couldn't stop thinking about today, and I couldn't wait for tomorrow!
It was pounding down with rain, I hope the weather is better tomorrow.

Sitting on my couch while I waited for Vivian to get back from shopping.
My thoughts were interrupted by a loud knock on the door.

Must be Vivian "Haha! Getting alittle soaked out there? Coming!"
I sat up off the couch, and jogged over to the door.

I turned the doorknob, and.. If wasn't Vivian. But a man.

I felt very strange and afraid, I wanted to slam the door and run.

"Uhh.. Can I help you?" I asked in a firm voice, but still felt like a scared mouse.

The man looked up, his eyes were a dark orange, dirty blonde pushed back soaked hair, and a pale look to his face.

"Hello luci.." The man made a slight smile, but it made me uncomfortable.
But his voice.. I knew that voice.

Then it clicked!

"Mark!?" I opened my eyes wider to see if I was seeing clearly.
My heart rate slowed.

The man smiled "yes, long time no see" his voice sounded the same, but very..dark.

"Come in, your drenched" i opened the door slowly.
I couldn't let my only sibling stand out in the cold, but I felt strange about it.

We walked over to the kitchen bench "can I get you anything?" I turned to ask him, my brother grew up to be very handsome.

"No thank you, I just had something" he smirked, and he still has that same smile since we were young.

"So, I haven't seen you in a long time.. What brings you here?" I asked nervously, resting my hands on the bench.

He flicked some stray hairs out of his dark eyes, and looked at me.
He was silent for a minute.

".. I've come to warn you" he said in a Stern voice.

My body felt limp, and unsure of what to say.

"Um.. From what?" I asked with a fake smile.

He looked pained, and his jaw clenched.
"From the man you have been to see.." His eyes stared into my soul.

My chest felt heavy, had he been watching me?

"Johnny?..why?" I stood tall, but left like running away. My brother was not like I use to remember.
Even back in childhood, he was..different. But now..

"He's bad news.. Stay away" his voice echoed like thunder deep inside me.

"He's very nice, and we're not dating or anything, we just had a nice lunch and he fixed up my tattoo"
Why was he saying this?

Then his fist hit the bench, hard.
"Jut say away from that filthy.. Mutt" as he said those last words, it stabbed me like a knife.

And before I could respond, he started walking out to the front door, but stopped and turned.

"It was nice seeing you again" his dark voice echoed the room.
And in a flash, he was out the door and gone.

The house felt safe again as soon as he left.

"What the.." I said to myself, why in those years I haven't seen him, he arrives and that's all he had to tell me?
Why on earth would he care?
Why would he warn me of Johnny..

Another knock on the door echoed through my ears. I didn't want to answer.

"Oi! Open up, I left the keys inside!" Vivian's voice echoed through the door.

I sighed in relief, and walked over to the door.

Opening it and Vivian stormed in with a bunch of food in plastic bags.

She flopped them on the kitchen bench.
She paused and looked Over at me.

"Are you okay? Looks like you've seen a ghost" she began unpacking the food.

"I did, mark.." I murmured softly.

She almost dropped the can of soup she brought.

"What? Really!" She stopped what she was doing and looked at me with full attention.

"Yeah.. He just rocked up, and for some reason warned me about Johnny and took off again.."
I took a seat on the dining room table.

Vivian frowned "I wouldn't listen to him, after all these years that's all he had to say? And our floor is wet.." She groaned.

"I know.. But I thought of it strange, why would be say that?" I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Pfff.. Don't listen to him, he's proberly jelouse that your hanging out with a nice guy" she started stacking the cans in the cupboard.

"Yeah but.. He didn't look well" I groaned, thinking of what just happened, started off a good day, to a shit evening.

"What do you mean?" Vivian asked in a deep tone.

"He's pretty pale, and his voice doesn't sound right" I spoke, taking off my shoes finally.

Vivian giggled "proberly just needs a tan.."

"Mmm..yeah, i guess. Ah! Don't worry, let me give you a hand"
I got up and started unpacking the meat from the bags and storing it in the freezer.