Ally 21: helpless times

It was Sunday morning. I got up a little early to get ready for today. I promised Sara I would be a brides maid, so I must attend to the selection of her dress. I was a little bit nervous about being a brides maid. But what actually made it easier was that Austin will be my escort. I couldn't help smile. I get to lock my arms with the guy I'm so in love with. I'll be dressed up, and he'll be in a tuxedo. I wish it could be like in my dreams.

I had taken a shower and got dressed. Right before I was gonna start drying my hair, I sent Austin a text.

: Hey what time are you getting to the bridal store? I finished blow drying my hair. UI went to check on my phone, but I had no new messages. That's a little weird, why hasn't Austin returned any of my texts? Well it's not that he would care. I wish he did.

Yeasterday was probably one of those days again. The ones where Austin and I are just normal, then things get awkward again. Then things turn to be okay. I really liked hanging out with his family. I missed them so much. I was happy to see his mom, she's like a mom to me. Since mine is never around. Also it was great to see his dad, he's a great man.

I decided to take the bus to the bridal store. I didn't feel like taking my own car, and I'm slightly, or really, hoping that Austin might give me a ride. I just have little fantasies in my head. Little moments that will only be little, because no matter how matter how much I love him. I can't allow him into my world, maybe we can be friends. Like actual friends, but never one step into my true life. That's not happening.

I got to the bridal store where Sara and her family had just arrived.

"Ally thank you so much for coming." Sara says giving me a big hug. She's very friendly, "So meet my family." She says leading me to the small group of women. "Okay this is my mom Elizabeth. My sister Jeanette, and my best friend Terra." She says, "Ally is part of the Moon family." She says. "Again I'm not." I say.

"Well not officially." She says. "Alright let's go try on dresses." She says so exited. Though I was wondering, where's Austin? We all sat down on one of the couches. Sara had gone into the dressing room to try on her first dress.

"So Ally." Terra says, "How are you related to the Moon family."

Oh this is gonna be a hard question, well one that might require me lying a little, "I'm close to the family, mainly to Austin. Austin is Joshes cousin." I explain. Okay, so it wasn't much of a stretch.

"Oh yes. Sara does mention Joshes cousin." Jeannette asks.

Then her mother asks, "Are you and Austin together sweetie?" She asks. She's very kind and gentle when she talks.

I shake my head, "No." We used to, and I wish that we still were, I think to myself.

"Alright here I come!" Sara says from behind a curtain. She steps out and wow, she looks beautiful. She wore a long mermaid dress. It's all slick and it had beading all over it. She looks stunning.

"Honey you look so beautiful." Says her mom.

"My little sisters a woman now." Jeanette adds.

"Ally what do you think?" Sara asks.

"You look incredible. You're gonna make a wonderful bride." I say. I've been texting Austin for about twenty minutes now. It's almost ten and no replay.

"Sara, have you heard from Austin?" I ask.

"No. I've tried calling him a bunch if times but he hasn't answered. Don't worry he'll be here." She says.

Sara tried on another dress, this one had more of a flow. It was fitted at her top, then flowed down. While we all were admiring Sara, her phone was ringing from her purse. Terra got up and handed it to her. A smile grew on her face. She looked up, smiling like she was up to some thing. What though?