twelve

Angela;

"So I called Jack and asked if you were helping him clean his locker out," My mom told me as I was eating breakfast. I rolled my eyes.

"And?" I asked, not wanting to talk about this.

"He told me that you weren't helping him. So you wanna tell me what really happened?" She folded her hands over her chest, having a mad look on her face.

I stood up, grabbing my bag, and walking towards the door.

"Where the fuck are you going?!" I heard her yell. I stopped and turned around.

"To school. You know, where I learn new things and get an education,"

"Don't get smart with me! You have explaining to do when you get home, and if you aren't outside when I come to pick you up, you're grounded some more,"

"Why do you keep treating me like a five year old?! It's like, I can't do shit in this house without you or dad yelling at me and making me feel awful! You know, I'm almost an adult, and with you both treating me like this, makes me want to move in with Jack. I've never hated living in this family until now," I told her, opening the door and walking out, closing the door, so it made a loud noise.

I took my phone out and dialed Sam's number. He didn't answer. Great. I decided to call Jack.

"Hey," He said over the other line.

"Come pick me up please," I told him, and he agreed and hung up. I checked Twitter and Instagram as I waited for him.

Once he pulled up, I got into his car and he drove off.

"You okay? You haven't told me to come pick you up for months,"

"My parents have been pissing me off lately. I just want to strangle both of them," I told him, looking outside the window.

"What have they been doing?" He asked, focusing on the road. He didn't turn his head at all to look at me.

"Everything! They don't trust me like at all. Oh, and they caught me in my own fucking lie. I told them I was helping you with your locker when in reality I was ditching school with Sam. I'm such a fucking idiot!" I said, wanting to throw myself out of the window.

"Maybe you should stop hanging out with Sam then. And you aren't an idiot, you're a smart and a great girl,"

We were about 5 minutes from the school.

"No I'm not going to do that, he's a great guy and I love hanging out with him,"

"He's getting you in trouble though, you don't want to hang out with a trouble maker," He pointed out.

"I don't need a lecture, Jack," I told him, grabbing my bag and opening the car door. I felt a pair of hands turn me around.

"I'm sorry, I'm just trying to look out for you,"

"Why though?"

He was silent for a few seconds, before he itched his eye and spoke. "B-because you're my b-best friend,"

"Yes, I know I am, but I'll be fine," I replied, walking off.

Once I got in the school, I headed straight to my locker. I put the code in and started putting my shit in there.

"Boo!" I heard someone yell as they tried to scare me; their attempt didn't work.

"Hi Sammy," I bluntly replied. I was not ready for people today.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Oh and thanks for answering your phone this morning,"

"I'm sorry! You called at a bad time,"

"What do you mean?" I asked, kinda worried at what he was gonna say.

"I was jacking off,"

"Are you being dead serious?"

"Yeah. Sorry, it's normal," He said with a laugh. I rolled my eyes at his statement.

He shut my locker and grabbed my arm, looking me in the eyes. It reminded me of that night with Rico. I pulled away instantly and turned around.

"Baby come back," He tried to be funny, but frankly I wasn't up for it today.

Next thing I knew, he was in front of me. I didn't look at him. "Seriously, what's wrong? You're pushing me away, and it's really making me sad,"

"Sam, I'm not in the mood today, and I don't feel like putting up with people. I'm sorry," I apologized.

"Can we hang out at lunch?" He asked, rubbing up and down on my arms.

I nodded my head. I stood on my toes to give him a kiss on the cheek, as I smiled and walked off.

"I'll give you a surprise," He told me which made me turn around and chuckle. I turned back around and walked away.

-

I feel like this book is getting sucky. I'm sorry.