I couldn't live any other way (Chapter 33)

Again... in Matt's Pov...

Everything was so simple. The answer was easy, things were pretty clear. Gabby locked in me with her teary eyes " Yes!!! A million times.." I kissed her and everything was like it should be. Things were great. She got up " I'm going to call Antonio!" I nodded and she continued to walk a little. I couldn't be any happier. This was all we wanted. It had to be this way and I couldn't imagine another life. Things work out in funny ways. I guess that is just life! 

Later that night...

We sat in our room. It was nice because for once we had all the time. We could talk for hours and not worry about about being exhausted. There was no shift tomorrow, or an roommate that would be around. It really was just us. She looked at me " what are we going to do..." I looked at her " about.." She looked back at me " Severide.." I thought about it " He'll get his own place eventually..." I looked at him " Matt.. were having a baby in three months!" I nodded " well... we can get a new place!" She smiled " Really?" I nodded " Sure.. why not!" We continued to talk. It was nice for us... 

The next day...

Today were going home. It is about time, but this trip was amazing. It was nice to just have a few days to focus on us. It was great for us! It was a way to reconnect. I just couldn't wait to share the news with everyone. It was going to be amazing! 

That night we arrived at Molly's to reunite with our family. Gabby and I walk in holding hands. Everyone cheers " They're back!!" We laughed " Hi guys!" Gabby held up her hand and everyone just looks. I yelled " We're engaged!!"