Finders Keepers (Chapter 4)

Matt has now been gone for 3 days now. The police have been looking for him. Nothing much has happened. We know nothing. This has killed everyone. Everyone at the firehouse is just silent. We all are the same, but we don't act like it. It was hard going to work. Everyday I did the same thing that I did before. I was living life doing the job that I love. Everything was okay. I just had to keep living life. Today I knew I had to do something different. I needed time. I needed to figure things out. I am pregnant and I had to figure something out for my own sake. I knew what I had to do. This morning before shift I left early, and I went to talk to Boden. I needed to just take some time. I didn't know what was going to happen, or what was going to come next. I did know that the moment Matt is found, I want to be there. I want to tell him everything. I love him deep down, but I don't want things to go back to normal. I want him, but only if we can have the life we planned to have. I wanted an ending, and especially an ending to the best new beginning.

I walked to Chiefs office and when I got there, I knocked on the door. He yelled " come in..." I walked into the doorway " hey chief" He looked at me " Hey dawson whats up?" I sat down in front of his desk " I think I'm going to take some time off after this shift?" He looked at me " you okay?" I looked at him trying to hide everything, but I couldn't " you know Chief... I don't know! I think I just need some time..." He looked at me " Ok you can take some time off. Just know that I'm here. You can talk to me.." I left his office and then worked through this shift. I was waiting for the morning to see Antonio. I needed to know more...