Another day (Chapter 15)

It was another day at 51. I was taking things slow and being careful. After everything I have been through I need to be careful. Right now I'm just trying to find all the pieces. Casey and I broke up a couple months ago. Everything just got so hard. I loved him and I really still do. He believed in me when  nobody else did. Well besides of course Shay! He is the main reason why I became a firefighter. He honestly wanted that for me. I wanted to marry him more than anything. Calling him my husband is all I wanted. There is just so much I love about him. Being candidate was just one thing that complicated everything. I never wanted it to end, but we weren't dealing. I just didn't feel like it was a relationship at that point. 

I am two months pregnant now. Matt and I decided to take things slow. I didn't want to jump into things unless I knew he was serious. Yeah I wanted us back, but it couldn't be like that. I didn't need a man to complete my life. I also especially didn't need a man to survive and live on. I could handle myself just fine. I have before...

The new candidate was pretty sketchy. I just thought that there was something off about this girl. She was pretty young, but there was something I couldn't figure out about her. She was just one of those people that was overly nice. It almost seemed like she was hiding something or covering something up. I caught her one time snooping around the chief's office. I saw her and I opened the door " what are you doing?.." She looked at me " Oh, I was waiting for chief.." I knew that wasn't it " Oh well maybe you should wait outside.." She knew what she was doing. I didn't want anything to happen and I knew what people like her would do. 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! 

More to come soon!!!