Where to go next (Chapter 17)

I had to change my plans. This was so tough because I really did see myself going somewhere. I saw myself as more of a firefighter everyday. I have wanted this for so long and having to give it up for now breaks me. I didn't know what I would do. I was giving up a part of my life. I was gaining so much,  but it will be different in 9 months. I would be a mother and would be changed. I knew that now I had to plan something. I didn't know what to do, but thats okay. I wanted to stay at 51 forever because they are my family, but I didn't know if that would exactly happen. There is just so much history here for me. 

I went to talk to the Chief. He had always been there for me. When Shay died he always told me that I could come to him. I never really did because I felt I was too close to everyone at 51. I felt like everyone was trying to make me talk. I only wanted to talk on my own terms. It was just too hard for me. I respected him for everything he did for me. Shay's death was hard on all of us, but it especially affected me. It was hard for me to move on knowing what happened. I think he let me serve on 81 under Casey because of what happened. I knocked on the door of his office " Chief.." He looked up from his paperwork " yeah.." I smiled " sorry..." He smiled " no.. it's okay Dawson.. what's up?" I walked in and closed the door behind me " I was just thinking... about what to do after the baby is born.." He looked at me as I sat down " yeah.." I looked at him " Everything has been hard for me here... you know.. every since shay died.." He walked over and sat next me  " what's wrong..?" I looked at him " I just don't know if I can serve under Casey... Everything been hard.. I don't know if I can even go back to truck.." He took my hand " Gabby! You don't need to worry about that yet.. Just take care of this baby..." I smiled " ok.. thanks Chief!" 

Hermann knocked on the door just as I opened it. He looked at me and saw the concern on my face " whats wrong..?" I smiled " nothing.. I'm okay! He closed the door and talked to chief " is she okay" He responded " she's okay!" 

That's it for this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it! Let me know what you think down bellow! 

A new chapter will be coming soon.. stay posted because it's gonna be crazy!!