Who is she? (Chapter 14)

This chapter will be written in multiple point of views. Most in Casey and Dawson's, but also in Hermann's pov!

Casey POV

Today a new candidate was starting at 51. I wanted to keep the spot open for Gabby, but I couldn't. We needed to fill the spot while she was pregnant. We couldn't keep it open even though we all thought it was the best idea. I knew that a part of me was letting that cloud my judgement. I just have to let that go. Gabby didn't move in with me yet. We were still trying to take things slow. I loved her and I wanted to let her know that. These kind of things were just going to take some time. After the breakup I regretted everything, even though things did get much simpler. We were very open about our relationship knowing that it was going to affect our child. We wanted to think about our child first. I didn't know anything yet about the candidate, but I was going to find out soon. 

Dawson's POV

I was the candidate at 51 until about a month ago. It killed me because all I wanted is to be a firefighter. I was only about 8 months short of finishing my first year of candidate. It kills me because sometimes I feel selfish. Sometimes I wish we weren't so careless. I sometimes wish I could have just finished my first year of candidate. It's awful because having a child is such a blessing. I knew that was bad of me to say I regret this pregnancy. I know I will love my baby, I already love my child. I can't help, but worry that things won't work out. Things are just not the same. I can't always have everything I guess. I arrived at work and saw this girl standing near the truck staring at it. I walked past her and turned around " can I help you.." She looked at me " oh.. sorry... I'm Quinn Mercer the new candidate on 81, would you mind pointing me in the direction of Chief's office!" I laughed " yeah sure! ... I'm Gabby Dawson!" She smiled " oh... you were the formed candidate.... right?" I smiled " yeah..." We walked to Chief's office. 

Hermann's point of view 

Gabby Dawson was becoming one hell of a firefighter. Things were complicated. Once she uncomplicated things, things were even better. She was really making so much progress. I was just really proud of her. When she announced she was pregnant I was happy for her, but I didn't want to see her leave truck. I sort of loved being the teacher. I loved to teach the young new firefighters. I felt that I could help out. I guess that's how it is. I wasn't going to get used to a new candidate. It wouldn't matter who they were. I was in Chief's office when the new candidate showed up. She introduced herself " Hi i'm Quinn Mercer.. I'm your new candidate on 81.." Chief shook her hand " yeah I'm Chief Boden and this is Christopher Herman... he will show you the ropes." I smiled " yup!" I showed her around, but it definitely wasn't the same.

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading

Here's a little bit of introducing the new candidate. She is a little different and a little bit of trouble. Watch out because a lot will go down. I also want to clear up that she will not break up Dawsey at all, but things will go down. Nothing will be normal!