Let Me Save Your Heart - Part 10.

Começar do início

But there was nothing.

It was just a stunned silence in which neither of us really knew what to say to each other.

The awkwardness was slowly getting worse and I was just about ready to hang up when Jake decided that he was going to talk and initiate the conversation; which makes sense since he was the one that decided he wanted to talk to me.

"Who's Zayn then?" he asked, like that is the first thing he would ask in this situation.

"Just someone that I know... I replied.

"You know, you and Nathan are all over the front pages. Don't you?"

"What do you mean?" I replied. Obviously, since I had only just woken up, I had no idea what he was talking about and I had no idea what was happening with the world right now. But, by the sounds of things, I didn't want to know what was going on with the world today.

"I mean what I just said. There's pictures of you and Nathan all over the internet, you're front page news and you're even being talked about all over Twitter. You have a nice evening with him then?"

"It was nothing. He just took me out for dinner, not my fault if people saw that and got the wrong idea." I stated with a shrug, forgetting that Jake was unable to see me and he had no idea what I was doing while looking around my room for something to wear.

"And what are you going to be doing with Zayn?"

"Is that any of your business?"

"It is when you're carrying my baby. Now, who is Zayn?" he asked again, repeating himself in a much more angry tone than with which he spoke before; like it was actually anything to do with him who I went out with and what we did together.

"Already told you, just someone that I know." I replied again.

"So, you're going to spend your time going out with various different guys now, are you?" Jake snapped.

"Jake, it has nothing to do with you who I go out with. The reason you wanted to phone me is to talk about the baby. So, talk..." I replied. I didn't want to be discussing my personal life with someone that didn't really want anything to do with me anymore.

I was none of his business if I was going out with Nathan. Or if I was going out with Zayn.

He had already decided that he wanted nothing more to do with me which, therefore means, that I no longer have to tell him anything that I do with my life.

"If you're going to be spending time with other men and they're going to be bringing up my baby, then I have every right to know."

"I've already made it clear that the baby is being put up for adoption. I doesn't matter who is in my life and it doesn't matter what they say, I've already made my decision."

"And what about me? Don't I get a say in what happens with my baby?"

"If you want to look after it, then you can look after it, but don't expect me to be there for you. This baby was a drunken mistake and it's going to be better with a family that will love it, especially when it has us for parents!" I shouted angrily back at him. He can carry on thinking that he knows me and that other people are going to change my mind; but it's just not going to happen.

"So, you're just going to give it away and never look back?"

"Yep, that's the plan." I replied like it was the easiest thing in the world to be able to do and there was no other choice.

"Then I guess there is nothing else for us to say to each other." he sighed.

"Don't you even want to know why?" I asked.