Chapter 27: Lets Turn Ali Into A Tomato Day

Start from the beginning

All three of them held different expressions.

Sam was somewhere in between worrying and trying to control her laughter.

Nate was standing there confused yet amused. (That rhymed!)

And my dear devil-headed, the sole root of all problems on this earth, best friend was laughing like a hyena on drugs.

I narrowed my eyes, my shivering ceasing as I gritted my teeth and stomped over at him.

"You!" I spoke, pointing my finger and jabbing it on his chest.

His laughing reduced but he still kept an amused expression on his face.

"It's all your fault." I muttered, with my eyes narrowed into slits.

"My fault? You were the one who were pacing back and forth as if trying to figure out how you escaped from the Monkey Island!" He retorted chuckling.

"Monkey Island? Seriously? Is that even a place?"

"It is," he gave me a flat look.

I started laughing until I realised that he didn't join in.

My eyes widened. "Are you serious?"

"And you call yourself a geek," he deadpanned.

"Whatev- Hey! Don't change the topic," I jabbed him in the chest.

"And what exactly is the topic?" Candy raised an eyebrow.

"The topic is that-," I trailed off. 

"That-?" He prompted.

-that I don't know why but you made me feel things that I didn't want to.

"T-That you're an idiotic baboon."

He looked at me weirdly before raising his eyebrow.

I wasn't going to tell him that something stirred inside me last night when he held me close to him. It was something weird. Something that made me go weak in the knees.

What was it? I don't have a clue. And I really wish that it was because Shelley mixed something in my drink or something.

"Uh. Forget it. Oh look Sam and Nate are here. Let's not bore them?" I changed the topic and turned towards the people in question.

"I'm not getting bored at all," Sam mused, making me narrow my eyes at her.

"Anyways, what're you guys doing here?" I asked, turning to Nate.

"We were on our way to have ice cream so we thought that we'd pick you up on our way there."

"Yeah and then we found our best friend on the verge of pulling her hair out because of I don't know what," Sam finished.

I perked up on the word 'ice-cream' and ignored rest of the statement.

"Then why are we still standing here? Let's go get some icy goodness!" I yelled, marching ahead with a fat grin plastered on my face.

When I noticed that the rest of them hadn't moved, I gave them a questioning look.

Rubbing the back of his neck, Nate spoke up. "No offence, but you hair- uh is kind of all over the place."