Chapter 36: Reaching the Waterfall

En başından başla

Princess Camp

Nawin open his eyes, feeling someone shaking him. He turn to see Erza looking down at him "Hey, it's my turn to take watch" she said and watch the Makasha yawn, then nod. "Fine, take my place, Erza" Nawin place his hand on her shoulder, then jumps down. When landing on the camp, he is surprise to see Koneko still awake, sitting near the campfire, eating some chocolate pocky stick.

Nawin take a seat next to her and place his right hand on her head "Why are you staying up so late, Koneko?" "I couldn't sleep" she reples, taking another bite of pocky. Nawin suddenly remember something he does to Lucy when she was young and would sometimes at night run into his room, scared from either lightning strikes or nightmares.

"Koneko, lay your head on my lap. It will help you sleep, if you want". The white-haired is surprise by the request from the Makasha, a small pink tint appears on her cheeks, but she comply. Koneko gently lay her head down on Nawin's lap and find it surprising comfortable, more so than her tent pillow. Nawin start stroking Koneko's soft white locks, making the small girl let out some purrs.

Koneko slowly shuts her eyes, feeling the warmness of the Makasha's hand around her head. After a few minutes, Nawin smile, seeing Koneko snoring lightly which he finds quite adorable. Suddenly, the mark glows purple, Nawin wince in pain and place his right hand on his neck, trying to calm his body so he wouldn't wake Koneko up.

'Huh, I wonder how long can I enjoy this' Nawin release his neck and look up at the sky, seeing the hundred stars. After a few minutes, the Makasha also fall asleep, leaning back to the tree. Erza jumps down and smile at the cute scene. She walks into her tent that she shares with Xenovia to bring her blanket. She throws the blanket over the two, keeping them warm for the night, before jumping back up to keep a look out.

Time Skip: Morning

Akeno yawn and sit up. Stretching her arms and let out a final yawn, she turns to her side and notices the Makasha is not present. The Himejima exit the tent and see Rias already awake, sitting on a log next to a half-asleep Issei. "Morning, Akeno" the Gremory greets brightly "Morning, do you know where Nawin-kun is?" Akeno question. Rias smile and points forward, making Akeno turn to see Nawin sleeping peacefully with Koneko, who have her head on his lap, the two are cover in a large blanket.

Akeno feel two emotions right now. One is jealousy that wants her to send a lighting straight at the two and another is captivating, when seeing the little white-haired girl sleeping in a position like a cat with Nawin's right hand rest on her head, which makes her purr occasionally. Akeno can't help but smile at the scene.

"Ah, I wish Onii-chan would do that to me" Asia pouts in envy, exiting the tnet and witness the scene. Yuuto and Jellal came out from their tent and start stretching their sore body "Sleeping on a tent is so different from a bed" Yuuto groan, rubbing his sore back "Huh, you'll get used to it" Jellal said, chuckling.

"Here's your breakfast, everyone" Erza walk toward the group and start handing everyone some plain rice ball "Someone wake those two up. I'll wake the princess up and give her breakfast" she states and turn around to make way to the blonde's giant tent.

"Issei, why don't you wake Nawin-kun up" Akeno suggest, wearing a devious smile. Rias raise her eyebrow while taking a bite at the rice ball 'She's up to something'. The Hyoudou shrug and walk toward the Makasha. "HEY! TEME TIME TO GET U-" Issei is interrupt by slap in the face, sending him flying away and crashing into a tree.

Everyone look to see it was Nawin who did it. The Makasha slowly opens his eyes and yawn. He turns to the Hyoudou, who's laying down on the ground, groaning in pain "Next time, pervert, keep your voice down" Nawin state. Koneko rubs her eyes and sits up, letting out a cute yawn, making Nawin smile and softly ruffles her hair. "Good morning, Koneko" he said and is greet back with a small smile "Good morning, Sempai".