Chapter 3. Silent Conversations.

Hope POV

I don’t want to get up, but I’m so hungry, that’s the thing about weekends you don’t have school so nothing compels you to get up, but I’m starving.

“Hope, time to-“ Anita started but cut herself off “oh your awake ” she said surprised “its kind of early for you to already be up” I glanced at my clock and my eyes widened, 8:34, I usually slept till 10, I looked at her and shrugged “well breakfast is ready, and I suggest you get ready, that Louis boy is coming over” I snapped my head in her direction and gave her a surprised/confused/questioning look “I have my ways, by the way you talk in your sleep” she winked and closed the door.

I got out of bed and walked down stairs, the plate I would usually take to my room was sitting on the edge of the table, instead of taking it and walking up stairs I took the plate and sat down at the table, all the other kids stared at me like I was a ghost, but I just put the eggs in my mouth and chewed, I looked over and everybody was still staring at me with their mouths wide, I smiled at them, then looked at my plate and continued eating everybody slowly started eating their breakfast again.

Later-

I was sitting in the garden behind the building, I was thinking of my family, I had my notebook but I was staring at the clear blue sky, it reminded me of the day I was walking home when I found the house in flames.

“hey, Anita told me you’d be here” I heard Louis’ familiar voice behind me, I looked at him and smiled, then I turned back to the sky “what you thinking about?” he asked sitting next to me.

I wrote down the answer on my notepad and showed him ‘family’

“what happened to them? I mean you don’t have to tell me, I just was wondering-“ I cut him off by sighing, he looked at me, and I started writing on the notepad.

‘they died in a house fire’ I showed him, he looked at me sadly.

“how many people know? Like how they died” he asked.

‘only you’ I wrote.

“not even Anita?” he asked, I shook my head “then why did you tell me?”

‘I just feel like I can trust you plus you’re the only person I’ve done this with’

“you mean I’m the only person you’ve wrote messages like this to?” I nodded “well I feel special” he grinned, which made me grin “you should smile more often, you’ve got an offaly beautiful smile” he said, I felt my cheeks burn, why does he do this to me?

He took the notepad and pen from me and wrote something down ‘let’s make a deal?’ he showed me the paper, I took the paper and wrote something down.

‘what kind of deal?’

‘I won’t talk so we can be equal, we can just pass notes’

‘how does that benefit you?’

‘I’m just getting to that part, if I’m silent, you have to let me take you out again’ I blushed.

‘but I like your voice and I’d let you take me out anyways’ why did you say that you just totally gave away the fact you like him.

 ‘you like my voice?’

I blushed but wrote back ‘yeah’ I looked up at him and he smiled.

‘well I guess I can use that against you’ I looked up at him and he was smirking.

Suddenly I wrote something ‘can you sing for me? I want to hear you live’