chapter 10

Nina's POV

*You want to hear a joke?*

*Not really Alaina, but go ahead* I replied, her jokes are horrible

*Not again* Nevaeh replied. We were currently in a squad group chat

*What's the difference between a snow man and a snow woman?* Alaina replies

*What?* I asked.

*Snowballs*

*That was so bad* I replied.

*Alaina stop*

*HAHA* Marie replies

*That is slightly funny* Brooke answers.

*Ikr* Alaina says.

*I'm done* I exit my messages and throw my phone on my bed. I am so bored, I thought to myself. It was 4:12 and my 4:00pm class got cancelled and everyone I know was either working or doing something else proactive while I sat in my room and watched Netflix.

BROOKLEN'S POV

"What ya doing?" Damien askes

"Getting ready for work, got to make this money"

"Lol"

"What about you?"

"Nothing, laying around"

"So earlier I was on Insta right? And I saw that this comment on my WCW. And this girl was like 'OMG your lesbian I thought you were dating that black guy'. So I dm her and was like one, I'm straight and if I wasn't would you love me any less, and two what black guy? And she was like 'I will always love you and Phoenix and the black guy in one of your pictures from the summer' so I scrolled through my pictures and I dm her again and I was like this guy? And she was like no, him. She thought I was dating you"

"People always assume we are dating" he laughed.

"Right, ever since high school, but I don't understand it"

"Me either"

My phone dinged.

"Hold up" I checked the top of the screen were the message dropped down. I replied to Regan's text.

"Who was that?"

"My coworker, she asked for her ride, her cars in the shop or something"

"Okay, what time do you have to be at work?"

"5, I'm leaving now" I grabbed my key.

"Good, wouldn't want you to miss work and can't pay this child support you owe me" he laughed.

"You remember that?" a few years ago I pranked him and told him I was pregnant from some guy I meet when I went to visit my dad's family. He believed me and I asked him if he would be the fake father to the baby, his response was hilarious. Later that day I told him the truth but the fact that he believe me was priceless.

"Yup, I remember what your offer was if I faked the father" I could feel the smug grin on his face.

"Don't remind me" I connect my phone to the car Bluetooth and started it. I had GPS in the car, so I typed in the address Regan gave me and headed out.

"It was funny"

"It was at the time, but now... never mind it's still funny to this day"

"Is it weird that I considered your first offer?"