Chapter 6

hi

PHOENIX'S POV

The makeup that Phoenix did for Rachel's daughter is on the side

I grabbed my large train case that held my makeup from the trunk of my car. I set it on the driveway and pulled up the handle and drug it alongside me as I walked to Rachel's house. Her gala started at 9 and I was here 6, an hour earlier than she asked.

I knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer.

"Um, hello, you must be Phoenix" a girl that looked no older than 17.

"Yep" she opened the door wider and I wheeled right in.

"Hey" Rachel smiled widely. She sat in front of her large black vanity in a director's chair that read her name on the back. She had a pink robe wrapped tightly around her body and slippers on her feet.

"Hey" I started unpacking my stuff.

"Let's start, shall we?" her hair wasn't done yet, she looked as if she just jumped out of the shower. I took out a white disposable headband that face massagers use. I slipped it on her head to push back her hair. I secured my make-up brush holder around my waist and pulled out my bare minerals bareskin foundation kit. It held all 20 shades. I was surprised when my dad gave it to me as a graduation gift. It is expensive as hell. I scanned the shades and pulled out the shade I believed would match her.

"Do you think you can do my daughters make up as well, I know its last minute but I can pay extra on top of your price for both of us?" Rachel asked.

"Um, I can try" I knew it would be a struggle to get them both done but I would try, the extra money would be nice.

"She doesn't need anything to extreme. Just basic"

"Okay" she called her daughter in and her daughter sat beside her in an identical vanity that sat next to hers. I put the headband on her daughter as well. I put primer on both their face and eyes. I began working on Rachel's eye look with my large Mac eye palette.

"What do you want done?" I asked her daughter.

"Anything" she replied.

"What color is your dress?"

"Navy blue" Brooke showed me a video of her favorite YouTube and she just did a navy blue look.

"I got it" I said. I pulled out my phone and looked on the girls Instagram and she had the look. I tried to copy it with the supplies I have. The girl used the new Kat Von D navy liquid lipstick. I picked it up a week ago and it didn't like how it looked on me so I put it in my work case. It was completely sanitary because I uses a disposable lip gloss wand.

Once I was done with the eyes I moved on to her mother's foundation. I really want to get the airbrush machine to do foundation but I didn't want to throw down 200 dollars for it. After doing foundation on both on them, I worked on contouring and highlighting them. 2 or so hours later I was finally done, I was surprised.

Halfway through, Rachel's hairstylist came in and worked on Rachael and her daughters hair.

"Done" I sprayed my Mac fix plus setting spray and spun the chair around so they could look at themselves.

"Omg this is amazing" Rachel's daughter gushed pulling out her phone to take selfies. The whole time I was doing her make-up she was snapchatting it. I pulled out my camera from my make-up case.

"Is it okay if I take a picture of you guys and post it on Instagram?" I held up my camera.

"Yes!" Rachel couldn't keep her eyes off the mirror. I took a few shots and took some snapchats of the look as well.