⌠Chapter 13⌡ - The Second Kira

Start from the beginning

    "Won't canceling the game make him angry?" Matsuda asks while we go over to the couches. "There's no telling what he'll do." We all sit down.

    "Frankly, that's not a big concern. From what we've witnessed, it's safe to say the second Kira admires the real one. He gave his word to the Kira we invented that he'd refrain from killing aimlessly. I am inclined to believe that.

    "I say we make it public, and we air an announcement canceling the game. At the same time, we'll announce on May 30th we'll set up checkpoints on all roads leading to the Tokyo Dome. And finally, we'll send another response from out invented Kira; something like, 'I understand and I agree to meet you there'."

    "Ryuuzaki," says Yagami, "you don't honestly expect him to go there if we set up checkpoints around the dome do you?"

    "I don't think that Kira would even consider it, but it's possible the other one might." Ryuuzaki explains, holding a teacup. "And it all depends on how stupid he really is. However, assuming he's not actually the idiot we think he is, there could be another message hidden in this diary. One that's not so obvious." Ryuuzaki picks up the journal entry and looks it over. "If there's a message in here written in some code that only the people that have this 'Shinigami' power can understand, there'd be no way for me to decipher it.

    "Still, it would only make sense for us to look into all of the places that were mentioned in the journal. Uh, 22nd he's meeting a friend in Aoyama - 24th he's meeting another friend in Shibuya. We have to be prepared that the possibility that all of our efforts would be worthless... We need to keep an eye out for anyone carrying notebooks in Aoyama and people in clothing stores in Shibuya.

    "All we can do is place cameras in Aoyama and Shibuya and hope that we might capture something. We should also arrange to have undercover officers in both locations on these dates."

    "I should probably to go Aoyama and Shibuya since I'd blend in with the crowd there, ya know." Matsuda says arrogantly.

    "I don't know, maybe Matsui is denying his older age." I joke.

    "Hey!!"

    "I'll go too." Light offers.

    "What?" His dad ask a bit sharply.

    "-I'll be fine, don't worry. Aoyama and Shibuya are places I'd go anyway. Not to mention, out of all of us, I'd probably look the most natural hanging out with Matsui-san." When he turns to me, I already know nearly the exact words that will come from his mouth. "And the students on campus already know that we're friends, Ada-san. Come with us, Aoyama's a great place! Besides, the second Kira would be looking for Kira, not for the police."

    "Well then..." His offer and the words he used for them are too convincing. He thinks of me as a... friend? A friend... No. Remember, he's play acting. Yeah, that's all it is... "I'm not sure about how that will turn out, but I can't turn it down!" I smile.

    "Wha?" Matsuda begins. "Ada-san would bore them to death!"

    "Hey!" I shout defensively, realizing that it was payback for what I said earlier. "Psh, then why not have Ryuuzaki come with us too as Ryuuga?" I offer to keep the humor alive.

    "As someone in his early twenties, he'd definitely be a college student!" Aizawa joins along.

    "I want you guys to be honest." Ryuuzaki says in a serious tone. We all freeze from the sudden tension he just built up. "Do I really look like a normal college student?" And he just shattered it.