Chapter-22: What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger.

Start from the beginning

"This is Chris, " Paul told Liam.
"You've really been out of Rose's life, haven't you?" Chris asked him, not giving him a chance to reply before turning towards us.
"Well, I don't really mind if you guys stay here like this for all eternity, I mean, I get freedom, but like, could you get out of my way?" Chris asked us.

"Just because you asked, no."
"Okay. Your loss," Chris replied, rolling his eyes, and started turning when a girl came up to us. She must have been a few years younger to us, and looking at her, Paul and Jacob both groaned as Jacob buried his head into my shoulders.

Chris got a desperate look in his eyes, as he looked around for something. Not finding whatever it was he was trying to find, he bent down to his knees and crawled between Liam and Paul.

"Don't want to meet another fangirl?" Paul teased him.
"Shut up, and hide me," Chris just muttered. It was quite a comical site, with Liam's confused expression, the mischievous glint in Paul's eyes, and Chris on his arms and knees.

"Hello." The girl came up to us and smiled.
"Hey there," Paul smiled at her.
"Uh, I was just wondering if you've seen Chris Winters anywhere."
"No, not really," Paul said while pointing towards Chris. Jacob laughed and I could feel his chest rumble. It was quite a nice feeling. I grinned too.

"Hey there Chris," the girl cooed.
"What'cha doin'?"
"Looking for bees," Chris didn't miss a beat as he stood up. He gave her one of his brightest grins, which made my jaw open in shock. What the hell happened to his attitude?
He ruffled his hair with his left hand, and I could feel the girl almost swoon.

"This is one of his fangirls... Something about him attracts the girls like honey to a bee, and he's always surrounded by girls. He gets so tired that he's always trying to avoid them- he's quite the loner. Almost all the guys hate him because he doesn't even do anything and he still gets all the girls. You should look at their attempt to get a rise out of him," Paul muttered to us all. I swear I have never seen a confused expression as I saw in Liam's face. I sighed, turned my face towards Jacob, gave him quick kiss on the lips, which left him blinking in surprise. I shrugged off his arms and pushed him meanwhile, and he stumbled, not really over from the shock.

"Come on, I'll explain," I muttered to Liam, grabbing his arm and pulling as Paul hooted from behind.
"You'd better," Liam huffed, clearly annoyed that he didn't know all these people in my life. I smiled.

However, as we winded around the corner, I smacked into someone.
"Sorry," we both said at the same time looking up. My eyes widened on beholding Chad.

"Chad?" I asked softly. Liam just stared, not even saying a word.
"I'm here to say sorry to Liam. And you- of course. I don't know why I made such a big deal about such a small thing- I know you support me in everything, and what kind of a best friend am I for leaving my bro alone and - Oomphh'

Liam and I didn't let him finish his idiotic ramble as we literally jumped onto him and hugged him. I laughed, watching the happiness shine in Liam's eyes, and Chad's eyes growing softer by the second.
"We guys are never fighting again. Ever," Liam said, his voice a few octaves higher, as he and I let go of Chad.
"Deal," I promised and Chad nodded his head too.
"Three of us together, now only one is missing," Chad muttered, scratching his head.

"That's my fault," I said, looking at the ground, unable to meet their eyes.
"Hey, Rose, it's my fault too. I pushed her away as well- stop taking all the fault like a major bitch," Chad said gently. I heard Liam snort.

"You're the whiny little runt," I stuck my tongue out at him.
"Okay, now, let's not start fighting as soon as we promised not too," interrupted Liam. Chad and I shared a look, and on the mental count of three, pounced on Liam.
"Well, I don't think I ever promised to not to hit you," I told him, gently punching his side so as to not leave much of a bruise.
"Yeah, neither do I," Chad chimed in, his eyes twinkling. Liam groaned, and muttered, "None of you even promised to hit me either," as he tried to get us off him, but instead missed his step and all of us feel down. I laughed,rolling away, but something felt missing. Melody. Melody and her boisterousness was missing. But it would take us one step at a time and right now, we both needed to cool down.

It doesn't mean you're lonely because you're alone. You just need time for yourself. If one door closes, one always opens, and no matter what, you never give up hope. Never. Hope is what has got us so far, got humankind on top of the food chain, made us who we are. Everyday seems a lot of time, and it is. We have all this time to make changes, changes for the better. I knew now that no matter what, I could handle it. And nothing else mattered as long as I had faith in myself.

_______________________
Shit about to get real in next chapter- enough of whining, Rose needs to pull up her socks. She's become kinda irritating rn. Now is the time for killing and interrogations and only superheroes.