Betrayal

Ana's POV:
I can't believe it's been 8 years since I last saw Christian... I don't know how I survived this long without him by my side... But I have to stay strong for the sake of my children; they are my only hope in this life...

Today is my little angel's 7th birthday; she has grown up so fast. Here she is running for her brother begging him to give her a piggy back ride... Who would have thought that my little Teddy would grow up to be the man that he is today...

Life has dealt us all a really tough hand but we made it out of all the chaos together. I can't be more thankful for this amazing family that God graced me with... My 3 kids mean the world to me. Yes I said 3, Katherine Hope Steel was born 7 months after the day my life turned to darkness. Even after all those years I still remember every single detail about that day.

The day my heart shattered to a billion pieces, I always knew that day would come but I still held hope that our love would be stronger... Well I was a hopeless romantic after all. Exactly 7 years and 7 months ago Christian Grey killed me... I had just taken a pregnancy test and found out I was pregnant; I was more than excited to share the news with my lovely husband. He was yearning for a new child ever since I gave birth to Teddy and Phoebe. He was on one of his business trips to New York at the time, but I just couldn't wait to tell him the great news, I wanted to see his facial expression when he knows that he is going to be a father for the third time.

Before I chickened out I arranged the jet to take me to New York to surprise Christian with the news in person. I made sure that none of the staff would spoil the surprise and tell Christian. After all the time we spent together through the years I got closer to them and they were glad to help me. The minute I landed in New York I headed to his apartment without wasting another second. I was literally jumping up and down with enthusiasm that by the time I reached the bedroom door I couldn't believe my eyes.

There was Christian standing in the middle of the room a cane in his hand with a naked girl bent over the bed. It took me a couple of moments to understand what I was seeing and by the time I registered it, Christian had already seen me standing there. I could hear the sound of my own heart shattering as I stood there staring at the haunting cold eyes I fell in love with.

I couldn't look at his face any longer without falling apart so I just ran out. I ran outside and back to the car before he had the chance to follow me. Sawyer was out there the instant I came out; he took the car directly back to the plane and back home. I stayed silent the entire ride just staring ahead trying to forget what I saw. The man that promised me his heart and love killed me in more ways than one. I couldn't face Christian or anyone at that moment but I knew that I had to. I don't need more lies or excuses. I always knew that one day I won't be enough for him, that his needs would be stronger than his love. But I was not emotionally ready for that. For the first time since meeting Christian I felt empty.

I went back home packed the kids stuff, took them and got out. At the moment all I was thinking about was getting away with my children because I didn't want to listen to whatever Christian wanted to say. I took my children, and called Kate. She helped me book a room at an hotel under a fake name until I decide what my next move would be. I threw away my phone and every single gadget he ever bought me because for the first time ever I didn't want to be found.

I spent the entire night crying my heart out while holding Teddy and Phoebe, they were the one's keeping me strong at the time. I had to think about all of us, not just me. I filed for divorce and moved out to Denver a couple of days later. Christian agreed to the divorce and gave me full custody of the kids, even-though I was more than ready to battle him for it. I changed my children's family name to steel to keep them off the records and left everything else behind.

It was then that I decided I would raise my kids on my own; Christian doesn't deserve them in his life. This is how my story of pain and betrayal started... This is how Anastasia Grey ceased to exist...