Bright new dawn

Chapter 37: Bright new dawn

The air port was full of people coming and going. Roy folded his hands and unfolded them, his eyes locked on the ground. He was nervous, that couldn't be denied. Him and Jade had made plans for him to pick her up, afterwards would be a surprise for her. Roy looked down at the small gift he had bought her, a bouquet of flowers ranging from roses to lilies and every thing in between. Thinking back on it now he thought maybe he should have gotten her a better gift.

A new purse. Jade was always into fashion.

Or perhaps a brand new I-pod.

Or maybe diamonds... Well, not diamonds, but something better than flowers.

The sent of the flowers drifted up to his nose and he suddenly had a change in heart. Jade didn't lavish in luxury and the only time she ever spoiled herself was when she went shopping, and even then she had boundaries. The flowers were a good gift, she would appreciate them.

Roy leaned back in his seat, wondering how long her plane would take to land. Was her plane even here yet? Roy couldn't help but feel bored now. His hands felt around his jacket until it landed on the stash Amy had given him last night. He let his hand fall to his side, he would need that later, during the night time.

Roy looked up as the doors opened and people poured out with relieved and tired faces. Roy could bet they were happy to be off the plane. Suddenly a teenage girl walked out and his heart stopped. She was even more beautiful then he remembered. Her hair was shorter and in layers but still reached above her waist. Her green eyes spotted him and she dropped her bags.

"Roy."

"Jade."

She didn't waist any time and ran to him. He repeated the gesture and made his way to her in a rush. She ran into his welcoming arms, her arms wrapping around his neck. Before a single word could be uttered between them Jade had closed the gap between them, locking them in a passionate kiss. His hands raked through her hair and landed on her waist, pulling her closer.

The kiss was like magic. All the stored up passion was finally being released between them. In short words, best kiss ever. It only got better when Jade licked his lips asking for entrance. Usually it was him to do this sort of thing but he was more then happy to comply. It was like a rediscovery and oh so amazing. Things were getting heated between the two and bystanders started to stand watch, covering the eyes of their young children. It was only when they pulled away for air that they noticed this.

"I can't tell you enough how happy I am to see you." Jade whispered to Roy as she leaned her forehead against his.

"I think I know the feeling," Roy smirked at her. "If I'd known I'd get a kiss like that I would send you on vacation more often."

"Please, I know you missed me." Jade said as she cupped his cheek.

He kissed her softly on the lips. "You have no idea."

Jade held on to Roy's hand the entire time of the car ride. A smile was glued on to both of their faces.

"So how was New Jersey?" Roy asked once they came to a stop light.

"It was great. My dad has this great apartment," Jade smirked. "I think he may have a crush on his next door neighbor."

"You didn't play match maker did you?"

"Hmm... that depends on your views of match making."

"I've missed you so much, Jade," Roy said as he gave her hand a squeeze. "You and your crazy personality."