Fix you

Chapter 21: Fix you

It was Monday and Kori awoke to a bright sunny day. She looked at her alarm clock and thought it would be best to get ready for school. Browsing through her closet she found her outfit for today. She chose a light purple shirt with a matching skirt and a pair of white ankle high boots. Grabbing her book bag she began to fill up on things needed for school. The last thing she packed up was her cell phone.

Over twenty messages were left from Dick and Xavier. After the events that occurred Friday, Kori didn't speak to either one of them. She ignored their calls, e-mails and when they stopped by she slammed the door in their face. And if it wasn't Kori, it was Raven who locked them out. She had been able to avoid them for the whole weekend but school was a different story. Kori didn't worry though, she had the others to back her up.

Heading down the stairs, Kori saw her parents at the kitchen table. Her father was reading the paper while drinking a cup of coffee and her mother had a big stack of pancakes in front of her. Luan had been released from the hospital after a double check with the doctor. Her and the baby were both fine and as it turns out Luan was already a month pregnant.

"Good morning, mom," Kori said, giving her mother a gentle hug. "Morning, father."

"Hello, Kori," Myan said, putting down his newspaper. "Do you and Raven need a ride to school?"

"No," Kori said while looking in the refrigerator. "Vic said he will be taking us to school."

Just then Raven came down stairs. She had on a black shirt with a matching black belt and choker. She also had on ankle high black boots and navy blue jeans.

"Morning, Raven."

"Morning," Raven said through a yawn. "Hey. Is Vic here yet?"

It was then that they heard shouting from outside. The voices seemed to belong to Komi and Vic. Kori and Raven rushed outside. It was in fact Vic and Komi yelling. Karen and Gar stood at the side, not even trying to stop them.

"What's going on?" yelled Kori.

"Your sister says her car is better then mines." said Vic.

"Gorilla boy just can't handle the truth." Komi said, walking over to her car.

Gar tried not to laugh at Komi's comment on Vic.

"Vic, let it go," Raven said, pushing Vic back to his car. "Where gonna be late."

"But-"

"Now."

Vic grumbled and got behind the wheel of his car. Once everyone was seated with their seat-belts on, he drove off. That's when Karen's phone went off. She flipped it open.

"Hello...Oh, for the love of," Karen groaned and turned her head to look at Kori. "It's Dick."

Kori looked away and crossed her arms. "Tell him I'm not here."

"Kori's not...," Karen looked back to Kori. "He heard your voice."

"Let me handle this," said Gar, taking Karen's phone. "Hey, Dick...you wanna talk to Kori...Okay, but you have to do something first."

"Gar!" yelled Kori but he held up his hand to quiet her down.

"I want you to sing Girls just wanna have fun...Do it and I'll put Kori on the phone."

Dick agreed to the terms and Gar told every one in the car to be quiet. He put Dick on speaker so every one could hear him sing. Then Gar took out his phone and recorded Dick's singing. Once the song was over Gar put the phone back to his ear.