Chapter 50

I get home and straight to bed, it's about five in the morning when they finish. Luke says he'll be getting some rest and sleep then he'd pick me up at around 7:30 p.m. for our date. He didn't tell me where we're going but I'm excited.

All day, the only thing I did was wait for it to be time to see him. I was anxious to know what we'd do and anxious to spend time with him.

I get out of the bathroom with my hair in a towel as I see Niah looking through my clothes.

"Okay, you need to wear this." Niah says as she pulls out an outfit. I shake my head. I don't know if I am supposed to wear something fancy or casual. I decide to text Luke and ask.

*Me: sorry to bother you Luke, but I don't know what to wear tonight. I need a small hint to where we're going. (: *

I get a reply almost instantly.

*Lukey: just dress casual babe, something comfortable, no hints :-) trust me you'll have fun*

I read the message and hope that nobody sees me blushing.

"I guess I'll wear something simple." I look at Niah and she nods as she continues to roam through my closet. She pulls out blue high waisted shorts and a black short sleeve and throws them on the twin sized bed along with a cardigan.

"This is adorable, go change now before Luke gets here." She demands and points toward the bathroom. I sigh and walk in the direction she wants. I change quickly and walk back out.

"This is nice." I say as I walk in front of the long mirror.

"Oh my goodness, I love it." Niah gasps and I laugh at her reaction. She passes me my vans and I slip them on.

"It's seven fifteen right now. He should be here in a few minutes. I'm nervous as hell." I smile and walk out of the room, Niah following behind. We walk to the kitchen and I see Desiree hiding behind the couch.

"Hey what're yo-" Niah starts but Desiree tells us to be quiet and pulls us down to hide with her.

"Shh. There's chemistry." She whispers and looks back to where she's staring. I look over and see my dad with Desiree's mom, Erica. It looks like they're cooking together.

"Woah. Get it dad." I laugh and Desiree slightly shoves me.

"They could really hit it off. They look like they're getting along. Oh my god they're laughing together." Desiree shifts in her spot and I laugh shaking my head as I get up.

"Come on." I smile as we get out from behind the couch. I walk into the kitchen and stand at the counter. "Hey guys. What're you doing?" I sing as they turn to look at me.

"Just making dinner." My dad smiles and it warms my heart to see him like this.

"Are you having dinner honey?" Erica asks me and I smile and shake my head. Her calling me 'honey' is odd, my mom never really did that but I like it.

"No but thank you. Luke's taking me out somewhere tonight." I say and my dad immediately turns to me.

"The boy from the airport?" He says and I nod happily. He raises an eyebrow and opens his mouth to talk but is interrupted with the sound of the door bell. He rushes to the door as I run after him. He opens it and reveals Luke. He's dressed in a plain black t-shirt and black skinny jeans, his usual apparel that I love.

"Hello Mr. Ortiz. Nice to see you again." He says nervously and shakes my father's hand.

"Hi Luke." I mumble as I try getting pass my dad.