Chapter 19

Luke complimented me on everything he could. He would be leaving soon for their last few stops on the tour. Their next stops were New York and Maine. After that they'd be on their way home.

I was really gonna miss them. I probably wouldn't be Luke's girlfriend anymore. I changed my thoughts not wanting to think about Luke leaving.

"My dad lives in Sydney ya know" I said trying to bring him up in conversation.

"Really? That's pretty interesting" he said with wide eyes. I had some family there but I just wanted to see my dad after 12 years.

"I miss him. A lot" I mumbled. Luke looked down at me and gave me a sad smile.

"Awh, baby, you know he misses you just as much. I know someday you'll see him again" he said and I hugged him.

"I just wish I could see him after years of not being able to" I said to him and tears formed in my eyes.

"Please don't cry baby girl, it hurts me, you'll see him again, I know it" he told me and started wiping tears from my eyes with his thumbs. He hugged me tight and stroked my hair. Just then, we heard banging on the door. "Who's that?" Luke asked turning towards the door but still holding me.

"I'll check" I said quietly as I walked to the door. I turned the doorknob and felt a hard smack across my face in that instant. Niah's mom stood in front of me. I held my cheek and felt the stinging. Her mom ran into the house full of rage.

"Where's Niah you little brat!" She yelled but I couldn't say anything from the pain. Niah and the rest of the guys walked downstairs slowly.

"What the hell! Baby are you ok?!" Luke yelled as he rushed to me. I nodded slowly.

"Look, lady, you can't just hit a wonderful human being for nothing. She did no wrong, all she did was try to help her friend, you're lucky I'm a guy and can't hit a girl" he finished, holding me and not letting go.

By now Luke was red and full of anger. I grabbed his arm as I tried to calm him down.
Desiree stood up but Niah stayed put , she didn't want to get her mother mad. She never stood up to her.

"Woah. Oh heck no, who does she think she is? You can't come in here and hit my friend. Ugh can I each her a lesson?" Desiree started yelling but Michael quickly got a hold of her.

"Babe chill. Come on let's go to the other room" he said in a low voice.

"No this chick needs to know what's right, she can't just do that, I'm a girl I can hit her for you Luke" She started saying as Mikey practically dragged her out of the room.

"We should go too love" Ash said as he and Amanda stood up and walked in the same direction. I sat on the couch but Luke walked off. I stared as Niah finally stood in front of her mother.

"Mom.. I left a note, ever since Jack came in your life there's no room for me.. I'm not coming home" she said to her not very loud.

"Niah stop. A note, really? You're just acting jealous and like a little dumbass. Jack is a wonderful man. You are my daughter and we're going home now" she said as she grabbed Niah's arm. Calum was standing by her and grabbed her mother's arm.

"I'm sorry ma'am but Niah's my girlfriend. You obviously don't appreciate her. You're her guardian but she doesn't wanna go with you so let her be" he said trying not to be rude.

"Let's go!" She yelled as she let go of her arm. I watched but felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Here baby, you need ice" Luke said to me placing a bag of ice on my cheek and kissing my forehead. I held it close making sure it didn't fall.

"Mom! You make me feel like I'm not important. You.. need to choose. It's him.. or me" she said and mumbled the last part.

"Niah.. stop and let's go home" she said lowering her voice.

"Choose! Him.. or me" Niah repeated. Her mother looked at me but I sunk in Luke's arms. He wrapped his arms around me tight letting her know she can't hurt me again. She looked back at Niah and spoke.

"Stay here! I don't give a shit" She yelled and slammed the door leaving. Niah fell to the ground and bursted into tears. Calum sat by her side and hugged her tightly.

"She doesn't love me.. she preferred him" she whispered. she laid her head on Calum's chest.

"She does, she loves you. She's just blinded by that guy. Baby, you need people who show you their love, support and how they care so much about having you in their lives , like me" he laughed causing her to smile a little.

"Hey all you need is us, we're your family" I stated and I wrapped my arm around her neck.

"Is that, chick, gone?" Desiree poked out from the room and Mikey followed. I nodded and she mouthed the words Yes!

Ash and Amanda came out too and I jumped on Niah giving her a group hug. Desiree followed and soon we were all bunched in a hug.

"I love you guys" Niah said as she looked at all of us. We laughed and laid on the ground.