Chapter 36

Desiree's POV.

We started watching movies for a few hours. Tania and I really needed laughs from being so damn depressed.

"We haven't seen each other in years but we still remember exactly everything that happened that day." Oli laughed and almost spit his juice out. He was telling stories about him and Phoenix but I was only barely listening.

He was nice but he wasn't my Michael.

"You guys are funny." Tania covered her mouth with her hand. They were making Tania laugh and I'm really glad they did.

The doorbell rang and I volunteered to open it. I walked towards the door and pulled it open. I didn't see anybody but I saw a batch of daffodils laid across the floor. They're my favorite flower. I picked them up and held them in my hands. There was a note in between the bunch. Who could have sent these? These are so beautiful.

The note card read, *To Desiree, the most beautiful fucking girl I've ever met. I miss you and I hope you can forgive me. I love you. From Mikey.* My heart fluttered at the words written. He was actually trying to win me back. Uggh, why does he make me feel like this?

"Hey Des, who was at the door?" Tania walked towards me and her eyes widened when she saw what was in my hands.

"These flowers were, duh." I held them and raised them to my nose. I love this, and him.

"Aw, oh my god! Did.. did Michael send those?" She squealed still in shock as she pointed towards the flowers. I nodded and she made the little 'aw' noises.

"I'm gonna get a vase to put them in." I literally could not stop smiling. She nodded and walked back to the living room. They looked so pretty. I took my phone out and debated over whether I should thank him or not.

Fuck it, I miss him and everything was Amanda's fault not his. I decided to call him and hear his voice that I missed so much. It rang and he picked up on the second ring.

"Hi." He spoke immediately after picking up. His voice was so deep and ugh I love it.

"Uh hey. I wanted to uh.. Thank you for the flowers. I love them." I smiled. He chuckled and it was so hot. Fuck.

"I know you love daffodils and.. I just really miss you. Please, forgive me. I was a retard. I was an asshole and I will never ever do anything like this again. You're my fucking life dude." I giggled at his use of the word 'dude'.

"Calm down dude. Can you come by the house and hang out? We can talk here." I bit on my thumb hoping he'd agree.

"Anything for you. I'll be there in an hour. Sound good?" He asked. He sounded so excited and child like. He was the cutest.

"Perfect. I'll see you here, later." I smiled and we hung up. I ran upstairs and placed the vase on my bedside table. I ran back down stairs and sat on the couch next to Tania.

"Hm why are you smiling so much?" Tania squinted her eyes and crossed her arms. I smiled and shrugged my shoulders.

"Y'know you look really pretty when you smile." Oli smirked at me and I gave him a fake smile. He was a flirt but he wasn't too pushy still he's no Michael.

"It's already 5 and we should get going." Phoenix stood up and Oli did the same.

"Bye guys." I waved to them avoiding eye contact.

"I'll walk you guys out." Tania smiled and followed them towards the door. I ran upstairs not even saying another word. I needed to get ready.

Tania's POV.

"I'll be at the car mate." Oli spoke and waved to me.

"Thanks for chatting with me. It was a lot of help. Sorry for crying though." I let out a laugh and he scratched the back of his neck.

"I'm here for anything you need. This guy, Luke, he hurt you. I already don't really like him." He shrugged.

"Hey. I love him." I murmured not wanting to snap at him. I played with my fingers not wanting to look at him.

"Sorry. I just don't want anyone hurting you. I know we barely met but I feel really close to you. I don't like seeing a girl as pretty as you cry. Just being honest." He smiled and I nodded.

"Thank you, for everything. I'm not pretty though Phoen." I laughed he shook his head.

"Of course you are." He pulled me in for a hug and I accepted. His arms stretched around my shoulders and mine wrapped around his torso. I pulled out of the embrace and he smiled. He leaned towards my face and reached over to kiss my forehead.

"Be safe." I laughed and he gave me a thumbs up.

"Text me or something?" He walked back to his car and stood at the door.

"Sure, I'll text you later." I shouted from the front door. Phoenix stepped in his car and drove off. I closed the door shut and checked my phone. 5:15 p.m. my dad would be here at 6 so I should get ready. I ran upstairs and saw Desiree sitting on her bed. Her hair was wet letting me know she just got out of the shower.

"Are you gonna stay here while I go with my dad?" I asked sitting on my bed. She nodded happily and I smirked. "I'm gonna take a quick shower." I got up and walked to the dresser. I picked out something nice but casual. I picked out high waisted light blue jeans and a black long sleeve along with a bra and panties.

I took my clothes and walked in the small bathroom that connected to our room. I placed my clothes on the little stool and walked in the shower.

As soon as I was showered and changed, I applied my light make up. Just a bit of eyeliner and mascara. I tucked my shirt in and slipped on my black vans. I straightened my hair and pulled it into a high pony tail.

"Alright, my dad will be here in a few minutes. So, you're okay with being here alone? I think Niah arrives later so she'll keep you company." I looked over at her and she smiled while looking at her phone.

"I'll be fine. Plus, I can't wait to see Niah again. I'll watch a bit of tv. You enjoy the time with your dad and family." She smiles and I nod.

I pick up my hand bag and shove my phone in it. I heard a honk of a horn and waved to Desiree. I left the room and ran downstairs. I took my coat off the coat rack and threw it on. I slid my bag over my shoulder and walked outside.

"Hi dad."I yelled as I ran towards the truck trying to avoid the cold wind.

"Hey kiddo. They're waiting for you back at grandma's. There's people i want you to meet." He smiled and we drove to the house. It was a 5 minute drive and it was a peaceful one. Once we arrived, my dad opened the door for me and helped me down.

"This is a nice house." I mumbled and my father nodded. We made our way to the porch and a man came out.

"Aye, Robert." He made his way towards my dad and extended both his arms. They gave each other a manly hug and pulled away.

"Frank, this is my daughter Tania. She just moved here and she's here to stay." He looked at me and I smiled politely, "Tan, this is Frank, he's a good friend. We're practically like brothers."

"Nice to meet you Mr. Frank." I extended my hand and he shook it.

"Nice to meet you too. Why don't you guys come in and you could meet my boy." He walked to the front door and it flew open. We followed and the house was beautiful. Most of my relatives were in this room. I remember some more than others.

"Robert, this my boy. He just arrived and I think you'd like to meet him." I held tight onto my father's arm and looked up to see Frank's son that he's been talking about. My eyes widened to see him.

"You?"