Chapter 47

The doorbell rang once more and I rush over to get it. I turn the silver doorknob and open the white door.

"Phoenix! Oh my god. Your hair! It's black." My mouth stays covered by my hand while Phoenix stands there laughing.

"Uh.. yeah. I kinda like it. Oli thought it'd look cool." He says and awkwardly looks around.

"Johnnie, you wanted to impress Tania. Don't lie." Oli comes up behind him and places his hand on his shoulder.

"Johnnie.?" I avoid him saying he wanted to 'impress me' and ask why he called him that name.

"Oh yeah. That's my middle name, but people like calling me that. The name's, Phoenix Johnnie Guilbert." He says and stands straight. I never knew his full name.

"Nice, I like it and your hair, well come in." I move out of the way and the two guys step in. I walk to the living room as they follow behind.

"Niah, this is Phoenix and Oli." I introduce as soon as I see Niah. She smiles politely and takes a seat on the couch. I take a seat on the couch to the right of the T.V. and Phoenix sits on the right side of me. Desiree is sprawled across the larger couch. Oli walks over to her and moves her feet onto his lap as he sits down. She sits up but he keeps smiling.

The doorbell rings and I know it has to be them. Niah quickly stands up and rushes to the door. A few minutes later, the four boys walk into the living room and immediately spot the food.

"Hey guys." I smile and Luke automatically looks at me with a smile on his face. Ashton does too but I really need to talk to him. I need to know what he feels towards me.

"We're exhausted as hell. Just got done recording and we need a little break." Michael huffs and sits on the couch next to Desiree. Her face lights up as soon as he gets near her. Oli just stares at them. Desiree in between those two? Not so great.

"Take a seat guys. Uh.. Ash? Can I talk to you for a sec?" I ask as I get up from the couch. He nods slowly and follows me. I walk into the kitchen and turn around. I see Luke staring straight at us but I quickly turn back.

"So.. what did you wanna talk to me about." Ashton says not making eye contact. I sigh but begin talking.

"Ash.. I wanna know what you feel about me. Why you kissed me last night and everything.." I look up at him and he let's out a breath.

"Oh, right. You don't remember much. Well I just really like you. You're amazing and you have the sweetest voice. I know you don't feel the same but I can't help it. I shouldn't be feeling this way but I'll try not to. Ever since the whole incident in New York, I've seen you in a different way." He slides a hand through his brown locks and waits for me to talk.

"Aw Ash.. I just can't correspond to you how you want me to. I miss the friendship we had. You'll get over the feelings you have soon. I know it. Can we just be friends? I really miss it." I give him a small smile and he waits a while then nods. He smiles and opens his arms. I rush into them and wrap my arms around his torso as I lay my head on his chest. He wraps his around my shoulders and kisses my hair. I pull away and look up at him.

"Why don't we get back to our friends?" I smile and he smiles back, a real smile. We walk into the living room just as we see everyone having their own conversations. I hope we could be friends.

--

"Oh my god! Sean is hot as fuck." Desiree cheerfully says as she fans herself with her hand. Michael glares at her, obviously jealous. We talk about the characters in the movie, mostly just to mess with these guys here.

"Ugh, I know. I bet he has abs! Fuck. He can dance with me any day." I agree and Luke stares at me. I look up at him as he stiffens. I laugh at how jealous he got. I wink at him and his eyes widen as a small smirk appears on his face.

"Like oh my god, hottest thing ever when he dances!" Desiree laughs.

"Oh whatever. Andie is hot, I mean look at her boo-" Calum starts but stops when Niah crosses her arms in annoyance. "Her, boots.. it's probably hot.. in those." He nervously laughs. Oli makes a whipped noise and pretends to throw a whip.

"Nice save Calum." Ashton giggles and I'm glad to see him like this again and not awkward.

"I think we should get going." Oli stands up and I can tell he wants to spend time with Desiree. Phoenix sighs but follows Oli as he walks.

"Text me tomorrow?" Phoenix whispers and I slowly nod. He smiles and they make their way out of the house after saying their goodbyes.

Throughout the movie I find my eyes getting heavy. I start to fall back but pick myself up as I accidentally start laying on Luke.

"Sorry." I whisper and look around the room. Ashton is fast asleep next to Calum. They're hugging under a blanket and it makes me laugh. Niah glances towards me and shrugs. I silently giggle and Luke nudges my stomach. I look at him and he nods towards Desiree and Michael. They're no longer paying attention to the movie. Desiree is sitting against the couch's arm rest while her legs rest on Michael's lap. It looks like they're having their own conversation and I'm really glad they are.

"You tired?" I look away from them and towards Luke.

"A little." I smile lazily and he makes the 'I know you're lying' face. I'm actually really tired.

"Come on, go to sleep." He says and I nod. He pats a spot next to him and I squeeze in it. His arm wraps around my back and one of my arms rests under his arm. His head lays on mine and I wrap my free arm around his torso. I close my eyes and snuggle closer to him. I feel a blanket cover us and smile. I hear him speak as he hugs me tighter.

"You're always gonna be mine. I'm never giving up on you." I hear before I drift off to sleep.

This boy is mine.