Chapter 39

I felt awkward that Phoenix and Luke kissed me, the same day. I can honestly say, I'm glad Luke did but Phoenix shouldn't have.

After Luke left my room, the front door shut and I knew he had left the house. I was so happy to see him again, despite what he did.

"Knock, knock. Can I come in?" Ashton interrupts me from my thoughts.

"Yeah, come in." I smile as he sits on the edge of the bed.

"How are you? Y'know like since everything happened." He gives me a sympathetic smile.

"Uh well, with Luke, I told him we should be friends and maybe I'll fully forgive him. For now, we're just friends, hopefully he can agree to that." I sigh.

"So, you and Luke are okay now?" He questions as he scoots further on the bed. I pat the spot next to me and he climbs on the side as I sit closer to the wall.

"We're okay. I just need time to.. function." I say and he wraps his arm around my shoulders.

"Function. Tania, that sounds smart. That's not you." He giggles and I shove him lightly.

"Shut it Irwin. I can be smart." I laugh knowing that's probably not true.

"Whatever, Ortiz." He teases and I stick my tongue out at him.

"But seriously, thanks for being there for me when.. everything happened." I look down at my fingers and he once again throws his arm around my shoulders.

"Y'know I'll always be here for ya. I honestly, never met someone like you. I mean, people don't just become friends with us. We're 'international' so they always want us as friends but not true ones. You, you're different, in a great way." He smiles down at me.

"Thanks Ashton. " I lay my head on his chest while he strokes my hair.

"Anything for ya Tan. We only just met a few months ago but I already feel a strong connection. You remember when we first met?" He asks snuggling into the pillow.

"Yeah." I smirk remembering when I saw Luke.

"Well, I saw you girls sitting at a table. Calum heard music and he started singing along to it. We then saw you two singing and knew you were the music source. I spotted you first, I think you spotted us because you tried acting calm but you couldn't. I had to meet you guys, but Calum wanted to compliment on the music taste." He chuckles and I felt so warm inside. They wanted to meet us, US.

"I feel honored. " I sarcastically say placing my palm where my heart is.

"You should be." He jokes and giggles. "Well, Luke already left to his mum's house and Cal and Mikey left after Luke came in here. I stayed behind to see you but I think I'm gonna head home now." He stands up as did I.

"I'll walk you." I walk out of my room and Ashton follows behind. I rush down the stairs and to the front door.

"So maybe we could all hang out tomorrow? Like after we hit the studio." He said as he stepped out of the house.

"Hmm, maybe." I smile and pat his nose. He laughs and leans in for a quick hug.

"Stop by the studio?" He asks walking further toward the road.

"I'll try." I answer truthfully.

"Alright, let me know if ya wanna go. I'll send you the address. Well g'night Tan." He waves.

"Okay, night Ash." I wave back and close the door. I make my way back up to stairs and to my room to find Niah and Desiree sitting on my bed.

"Hey Niah." I walk to the bed and give her a hug.

"Hey Tania, soo.. tell us what happened." She quickly says. I give her an 'I don't know what you're saying' look.

"Tan, we're best friends. Come on tell us." Desiree lays on her stomach and pulls her chin on her palms.

I sigh but told them about what Luke and I talked about. Eventually we got tired and fell asleep, all on my king sized bed.

-

"Hey Dad, I didn't hear you get home last night?" I question as I sit down in the dining room. My dad was cooking and after a few years of not seeing him, this felt nice. I never had actual breakfast with my mother.

"I got home a little late. Grandma wanted help on baking a cake. It was 11:30 at night but she didn't take no for an answer." He chuckles flipping a pancake on the stove.

"Morning everyone." Desiree sings as she walks down stairs, a mess of hair on her head.

"Hm, in a good mood today are we?" I entwine my fingers and rest my chin on them.

"Eh." She smirks and sits next to me. Niah walks downstairs and sits on the other side of me. Niah and Desiree serve themselves food as I reach for a bowl of cereal and a banana. We eat breakfast and talk about what our plans were for the day.

I've never done this with my mother. I hope this goes on for a while with my dad.

"I kinda wanna get Ashton a present. He's turning 21 in a few days so I wanna arrange something." I say as I take a spoonful of cereal.

"We can go to the mall later and maybe stop by and see the boys at the studio?" Niah suggests. I nod not knowing what to say.

"You can borrow my car to go to the mall. I'll be hanging with Frank today. Maybe Phoenix can join you guys." My dad speaks as he dumps his dishes in the sink.

"Uh.. sure I'll call him." I stand up and put my bowl in the sink along with my dad's. I walk into the living room and dial Phoenix's number.

"Hello." He answers almost instantly.

"Hi Phoen. First off, sorry about yesterday and-"

"Tania, what did I say about the apologizing? "

"Right, sorry. Ugh I mean.." I start and hear his laughing on the other end.

"It's okay, anyways you were saying." He says waiting for me to respond.

"Yeah, would you like to go to the mall with us and help me pick out a gift? You're a dude and you know what dudes like." I giggle because I probably sound so retarded right now.

"Sure, I'll be over in a sec." He says and we hang up.

-

"Ugh I don't know what to get a 21 year - old man." I sigh and Phoenix laughs.

"What about socks?" He laughs again and I glare at him.

"I'm serious."

"I hate socks." He scoffs and I notice how he never wears socks. Not once have I seen him.

"I can see that." I look down at his shoes. "Ugh I don't know what to get.. Wait, I know exactly what to get him."

(A/N)

I rushed this so I'm sorry if it's not as good. Please keep voting if you already are and comment.