Chapter 40

Ashton's POV.

I am turning 21 in two days. I'm excited but I'm turning old.

I'm so happy to be home for my birthday. I also missed Tania. In a friend type way, of course. I think it's in a friendly way? It is.

"Aye buddy." Calum sits next to me on the couch and I snap out of my thoughts.

"Uh..hey Calum." I smile and he displays his squishy face.

"What're ya doing on your birthday? It's coming up pretty soon." He look at his phone and back up to me.

"I don't know yet." I say truthfully. All I wanted to do was spend it with the lads, Tania.. and well everyone. Not just Tania. Everyone.

"We should go to a club or something. We could have drinks and stuff." He smiles widely and I rub my chin.

"Hmm. Sounds like fun. I'll see what happens." I could go for drinks. That sounds like a plan.

"I'll set it up. Don't worry." He laughs and stands up. "We gotta do a few more interviews then to the studio. Niah texted me, she said her and the gals are stopping by to see us later."

"Sounds great, alright let's get back." I smile and walk back to my original chair for the rest of the interview, when I receive a text.

* Tania: Ash! I already got you a gift. Can't wait til you see it c: see ya later *

Why do her messages, and herself in general, make me feel like this? All warm inside.

It's nothing, nothing at all. It has to be nothing.

Tania's POV.

I got Ashton a gift that he better use. His fedora phase was in the past, I'm bringing it back by giving him one for his birthday.

Phoenix told us he had to go before we left the mall. I think he didn't want any problems with Luke, which is why he left.

"Okay, so we're gonna go to the studio. Hopefully it's not a problem or anything. Since I'm not with Luke and Desiree isn't with Mikey." I sit in the driver's seat and spin the wheel. I learned to drive when I was sixteen, Niah pretty much taught me.

"Oh yeah.. uh nah it's not a problem." I glance behind me as she looks down at her phone. I arrive at the studio and search for a parking space. I park the vehicle in the nearest spot I could find. We hop out and walk toward the entrance of the large building. I open the door and feel the warm air hit, it was cold outside so this felt good.

"I'll let Luke know we're here so he could come get us and we won't have to deal with security guards." I say as we find a bench to sit on. A security guard stands along the elevator and that made me nervous.

*Me: hey hemmo (-: we're here. We're on the first floor but I need you to come get us please. *

I send it and wait until I hear the elevator ding. I turn my head to the doors and see a tired Luke.

"Tania.." he pants and walks over to me avoiding the guards.

"Hey." I murmur as I stand up to face him. "You ran here?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Yup.. needed to see you as fast as possible." He had his hands on his knees and breathed repeatedly. I couldn't help but blush at his words.

He needs to see me. The thought of him needing to see me makes me feel, important for once.

His words earned an 'oooh' from Desiree and Niah. I shush them quietly but Luke heard and chuckles.

"Can we go up now?" I say looking away from him. I see him smile as he walks closer.

"Yeah. Let's go." He mutters still smiling, and walks towards the elevator.

Fuck, his voice makes me weak.

Luke whispers something to the guard and waves over so we could follow him in.

"See ya later Dave." He shouts as the doors close. I stand next to him and the tension is killing me. As soon as our arms touched, I tried to fight to urge to not kiss him right there.

This being friends thing is hard.

Luckily, we arrive on the fifth floor fast enough.

"This way girls." He walks us up to a door labeled Recording. The door opens and we see the boys stepping out of a glass room.

"Niah!" Calum immediately yells and Niah runs into his arms.

Michael sits on the small couch and smirks at Desiree. All she did, was sit next to him.

We're they talking again?

"Tania! C'mere little one." Ashton holds his hands out for me. I run to him and he hugs me.

"Don't call me little one, Ash. You're just a little taller." He cheerfully giggles at my words as I pull away.

He has the biggest smile on his face. It was nice to see him this happy.

"Well.. We still have another interview to go to. Wanna come with us?" Luke comes up behind me. I shrug and look around for the girl's opinions.

Niah is talking quietly to Cal. Desiree was on her phone constantly smiling. Michael did the same. The exact same. Weird.

"Uh.. sure. I would love to. I don't know about them." I point around the room and their heads pop up.

"Okay then we should get going." Ashton smiled and wrapped his arm around my neck. "Let's go little one." He giggles and I glare at him. We end up taking my car since the boys used a cab to get here. They didn't have their tour bus, because well, they're not on tour.

-

"So tell us, lads, how's it been like to have such an amazing opportunity of touring?" The interviewer asks. He said his name earlier, I just never knew who he was. He spoke in an Australian accent equal as the boys'.

"It's been amazing. This experience has been awesome and meeting fans, y'know the people who helped us get to where we are today." Ashton responds. He talks so serious but then he'll be smiling and joking around.

"It's great to tour with these lads who are practically my family. We have a lot of fun meeting so many new people." Calum made a serious face as he spoke.

"Aside from touring, let's talk about the ladies." The guy mentioned and all the boys look at one another, smirks taking over their faces. "Do any of you, have girlfriends?"

"Actually Calum has a girlfriend." Michael bursts out pointing while Calum's face turned dark red.

"Michael, shut up!" He covers his face with his hands. We sit just outside of the interview room but we could gear everything they said. The room was glass so we could see them.

"What about the rest of you fellas?"

"Uh.. I can honestly say we all have that special someone. No girlfriend's though." Ashton smiles and plays with his fingers. I wonder if Ashton was talking about someone specific when he said that.

Luke turns to me and winks. My face heats up instantly as he turns back.

"Okay well good luck boys, with everything." He winks at them while shaking their hands. The boys make their way out of the room and to us. Luke walks over to me holding a huge grin.

"It went great Luke. You did good." I smile and he reache in for a hug.

"You're always gonna be my special someone. Never forget that." He whispers and I could feel his warm breathe on my neck.

You're my special someone too Luke.

(A/N)

I hope you like this. Also if you're already voting, keep doing that, it means a lot and thank you to those of you who do vote and comment.