Chapter 48

"Tania.. psst, tania." I heard a voice as I am being shaken awake. I sit up and automatically look for the blonde boy I was just laying on.

"Ugh." I mutter and notice that he's not even here.

"He left after you fell asleep last night." Desiree speaks as if reading my mind. I nod and get up from my bed.

"What time is it?" I ask and rub my eyes. I walk to my mirror and scare myself with my appearance.

"It's five twenty, my mom should already be at the airport." She smiled and I gasped. I really wanted her mother here, it'll help her feel more comfortable. I change into a pair of gray sweats and a hoodie. I look at Desiree and realize that she's probably been ready way before i was.

"Alright well is my dad up?" I ask as I run a brush through my hair. She nods and I change into some black sweats and a hoodie. I slip my vans on and walk out of the room to find Desiree rushing down the stairs.

"Niah's sleeping so she'll be here while we go." Desiree says as she slips her coat on. Niah's a bit lazy but it's almost six in the morning, of course she's tired.

I hear a fumble of keys and turn around to my dad.

"Let's go kids." He says and I groan for him calling us 'kids'.

-

The ride to the airport was nerve wracking. Desiree was anxious to see her mom.

As we stand at the gate exit, she stands on her tippy toes to look for her. She constantly sighs when she can't find her. I try helping her look but can't seem to find her. I stumble when I start walking backwards on my tiptoes, but something stops me from falling.

Not something. Someone.

"Woah, be careful there." I hear a voice that I know belongs to the boy that owns my heart. His hands are firm on my waist as my back is against his chest.

"Luke." I breath as I turn to face him. He smiles nervously down at me and fixes his hands from my waist. "What're you doing here?" I look into his eyes and immediately get lost in them. He's wearing his Blink-182 t-shirt, his usual black skinny jeans and a gray beanie. His appearance makes me melt.

"Desiree texted Michael to come to the airport with her. She wanted him to meet her mum." He says without looking away from my eyes. I nod but then wonder, why he joined him?

"So why did you come?" I ask. I felt warm inside, I knew the answer to that question. I hear a cough from behind him and see a bald headed man, I remember him as Dave. I move away from Luke causing Dave to chuckle.

"Uh.. I don't know. I just wanted to see you. Don't get mad though, it's hard not seeing you." He slides his fingers through his hair and bites his lip. His hair was cute in a quiff but it's still really, really attractive this way.

"Don't worry about it." I smirk and face away to Desiree who was now with Michael and my dad. I walk towards them and hear Luke's footsteps close behind. I look back to the gate exit and see Desiree's mom with her luggage in hand.

"Ah! Mom!" Desiree yells and runs to her mother. She engulfs her in a hug then pulls away after a few seconds. They walk over to us and Desiree stands next to Michael.

"You must be Michael." Desiree's mother approaches him and I can see him tense up.

"Hello Mrs. Campbell, it's a pleasure to meet you." Michael extends his hand and she shakes it. I can tell he's nervous but he really shouldn't be, so far it seems like she likes him.

"So Tania.." Luke speaks from behind me and I turn around to look at him. "Y-you look beautiful." He breaths and I giggle.

"You're joking right? I mean look at me."

"I always do." He stares at the ground but my eyes are still on him. "You're always this beautiful, even in the mornings."

"Awe Luke that's really sw-" I get cut off as soon as I approach Luke.

"Alright sweetheart let's go.. Oh, who's this fella?" My dad walks up to us and I smile awkwardly.

"Dad, this is Luke. He's.. a close friend." I smile and see Luke blush. Him blushing? Ugh, best sight.

"Hello Luke. I'm Mr. Ortiz, Tania's father." My dad reaches over to shake Luke's hand.

"Hello sir, it's nice meeting you. I just wanna say, that you have an amazing daughter." Luke says with a genuine smile. I feel myself blush and look away from them. "Other than beautiful she's just so amazing."

"Uh huh?" My dad holds a questioning look but the boys' security guard, Dave, speaks and I mentally thank him.

"Guys. We need to go." He speaks and I automatically get upset.

"Ugh the paparazzi. How do they find us?" Luke groans and steps towards me. "I'll see you later?" I nod and he wraps his arms around my waist without a word. I wrap mine around his neck and hug him tight. I'm on my tiptoes and almost lifted off the ground considering he's a giraffe. I take in his scent but not in like a weird way. I hope it's not weird.

"Come on guys." Dave stands at the exit of the airport and Michael kisses goodbye Desiree and walks with Dave. Luke plants a kiss to my cheek and scatters off. My dad looks at me but I just shrug. I see the boys leave and turn to look at Desiree.

"So? You and Michael are an item again?" I smirk and she immediately starts getting nervous.

"I'll explain in the car." She says and I nod. My dad grabs Desiree's mom's luggage and we walk out of the airport. We make sure there's no more paparazzi and head to the car. As soon as we're in, Desiree and I chat about how they got back together. It was last night, of course.

I feel my phone vibrate and check it to see a notification on twitter.

@marrymemikey: omg 5sos was at the airport in Sydney and they look so freaking hot!!

The attached photo showed them leaving the airport, thank goodness they weren't seen with us. I spoke a little too soon.

@lukespenguin: Luke what are you doing with that girl?! Boys stop, all of you. Now.

This photo had us at the club on Ashton's birthday. I was so relieved to see that my face was covered by my hair and arms. Their fans would kill me. I show Desiree and she immediately looks for it on her phone.

"Woah. I look good, I'm gonna thank Michael for letting me hide in the crook of his neck." She smiles but I roll my eyes and let out a laugh. I replay the images of Luke in my mind. He stays in my head and I can't get him out. I do the first thing that comes to mind.

*Me: Hi Lukey, you looked cute today. Ugh I sound stupid anyways, I'll see ya later, can't wait. :) *

A/N

Sorry this is really late but I was sick so I apologize. This was rushed a bit so it's like a filler chapter. I hope you still liked it.