10 - The Beginning of Relationships

Start from the beginning

Dean dropped Sam off at Gabriel's house, and he walked in casually. He'd talked to the rest of the siblings when he burst into their house on Saturday, and they liked him due to the prank war stuff.

"Hey Sam," Becky said, smiling brightly as she saw him. "Here to prank Gabriel?"

"No, he's supposed to give me the soap for this dye," Sam said.

"Really? That's weird."

"Why?"

"He took it to school."

There was a moment of silence as Sam thought about this. Gabriel had purposely not told Sam that he had it so Sam would come over. Why?

"Heya Samsquatch."

Sam turned to see Gabriel standing in the hallway, leaning against the door. Gabe turned and ran back up the stairs, leaving Sam to follow him.

"Sam," Becky said as he started to walk off. "Don't pass off this thing you have with Gabriel as nothing. Because neither of you may know it, but it means a lot to him." She turned and left the room, leaving Sam in confusion.

Sam walked up the stairs to see a hallway of bedrooms. There was a name on each door. Castiel's door was plain, while Anna's was painted with intricate patterns. Lucifer's was black and red and looked a bit like death while Michael's was just plain white. Samandriel's was covered in pictures from different fandoms, and Balthazar's had a picture from the Titanic ripped into pieces and then there was Gabriel's. It wasn't anything like what Sam had expected. It wasn't bright or happy. Instead it was a painting of a broken house. Weird.

The door was open so Sam walked into Gabriel's room. The inside was moor like what he expected, bright colours on the walls and...He watches Doctor Who. Sam saw the pop vinyl figures and pretty much just fangirled. Which Gabriel saw.

"Nerd," he said, smiling.

"Says the person who actually has the pop vinyl Tardis," Sam replied.

"Closet nerd," Gabriel said, shrugging.

"So is Dean," Sam said.

"Wait seriously? Dean's a nerd? I thought he was into football and stuff."

"No not really. He's probably forcing Castiel to watch Doctor Who right now."

"I have a suspicion they're getting quite close," Gabriel said, almost cautiously. Sam narrowed his eyes at him.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, since Cas found out Dean had a soulmate and everything..." Gabriel said, letting his sentence trail off for Sam to make his own assumptions.

Sam, being the genius, figured out exactly what Gabriel was trying to indirectly say. "Is Castiel Dean's soulmate?"

Gabriel shrugged innocently, and Sam thought about it for a few moments. It did make sense, they only started hanging out after the party, probably having met from Castiel looking for his soulmate. And of course Cas wouldn't tell Dean with the way Dean talked about soulmates.

Gabriel went to where his bag was, pulling out a bottle and throwing it to Sam. Sam caught it expertly and inspected it. Then he poured a bit out.

"No," Sam said. "You're not going to dye my hair blue."

"Aww but Sammy," Gabriel whined.

"Don't call me Sammy," Sam said. "Sammy is a chubby 12 year old."

"You're no fun," Gabriel muttered. "How'd you know it was blue?"

Sam shrugged. "It's a dark shade. Most likely blue or something similar."