Chapter 24 - Funeral

Jenny POV

Today is Grandpa's funeral. It's been nice staying in the Gold Coast again. After the funeral I have an interview with a talk show. I'm going to sing a song like I did with Mom's funeral but this time Jonathan and Jayden is going to sing with me too. You might think that I'm the only one in my family that could sing but you're wrong my brahs  can sing too. I put on my black and white strapless dress that falls 3 inches below my knees, black 3 inch heels, and black clutch. Someone knock on my door so I went to open it. It was Alli.

"Hey can you help me with my outfit?" Alli ask.

"Sure. Curly or natural?" I said.

"Natural." Alli said.

I left my hair alone and help Alli with her outfit. Alli's wearing a white blouse, black pencil skirt, black 2 inch heels, and black clutch.

"So what song are you singing?" Alli ask.

"Actually it's me and my brahs that would be singing at Grandpa's funeral and we will be singing Eyes Open by Taylor Swift." I said.

"It's a really good song. Good choice too." Alli said. Someone else knock on my door and I went to open it. It was Cody at the door.

"Mates it's time to go." Cody said. We both nodded and went downstairs.

Jonathan POV

I love to sing and I know Jenny and Jayden does too. We've been singing since we were  at a very young age. Jenny has been the one in the family that have a really big passion for music. I love music but not as much as Jenny does. Alli, Cody, and Jenny all came down.

"You mates ready to go?" I ask.

"Yea." Jenny said.

We went to the car and drove to the place where the funeral is held. When we got there, everyone was there. People with speeches went before Jayden, Jenny, and I went to do our speeches and sing. When it was our turn we went on the stage. I went first.

"Hi everyone my name is Jonathan Star. We are here because of my grandfather Chad Star. He was a good man. If you needed anything, he would be there to lend a hand. He was so supportive of whatever we do. That's what I love about my grandpa. I hope heaven is a better place for you." I said. It was Jayden turn next.

Jayden POV

After Jonathan was done I went.

"G'day mates, my name is Jayden Star. I'm one of Chad Star's many grandson. He was an amazing person. If you had a problem than he would be the person you go to. He was so caring, friendly, and hard working. He put family and friends before himself. Love you Grandpa and I hope you're doing better in heaven." I said. Now it's Jenny's turn.

Jenny POV

After Jayden was done with his speech I went to do my speech.

"Hey mates. I'm Jennifer Star but some of you may know me as Jenny Star the big pop star. Today I'm here because of my grandpa Chad Star. I'm Chad Star's only granddaughter for now. He was so strong. He told me don't let anyone talk smack to you, that you should defend yourself. I learned from him that sticks and stones may break my bones but never break who I am. Grandpa I hope you like heaven and I love you so much." I said.

I went to stand with Jonathan and Jayden.

"Okay now everyone we will be singing Eyes Open by Taylor Swift." Jonathan said. I had my guitar with me so I start strumming my guitar to the tone of the song.

All: Everybody's waiting

Everybody's watching

Even when you're sleeping

Jen: Keep your ey-eyes open

Jon: The tricky thing

Is yesterday we were just children

Playing soldiers

Just pretending

Jay: Dreaming dreams with happy endings

In backyards, winning battles with our wooden swords

But now we've stepped into a cruel world

Where everybody stands and keeps score

Jen: Keep your eyes open

All: Everybody's waiting for you to breakdown

Everybody's watching to see the fallout

Even when you're sleeping, sleeping

Jen: Keep your ey-eyes open

Keep your ey-eyes open

Jon: So here you are, two steps ahead and staying on guard

Every lesson forms a new scar

They never thought you'd make it this far

But turn around

Jen: (turn around),

John: oh they've surrounded you

Jay: It's a showdown

Jen: (showdown)

Jay: and nobody comes to save you now

But you've got something they don't

Yeah you've got something they don't

Jen: You've just gotta keep your eyes open

All: Everybody's waiting for you to breakdown

Everybody's watching to see the fallout

Even when you're sleeping, sleeping

Jen: Keep your ey-eyes open

Keep your ey-eyes open

Keep your ey-eyes

Jay + Jon: Keep your feet ready

Heartbeat steady

Jen: Keep your eyes open

Jon + Jay: Keep your aim locked

The night goes dark

Jen: Keep your eyes open

(Keep your eyes open)

All: Everybody's waiting for you to breakdown

Everybody's watching to see the fallout

Even when you're sleeping, sleeping

Jen: Keep your ey-eyes open

Keep your ey-eyes open

All: Keep your ey-eyes open

Keep your ey-eyes open

Everyone cheered for us. After that was done we put Grandpa in the grave yard and we put white and red roses next to his stone.

Cody POV

I put the Star's performance on Twitter.

@CodySimpson: Hear @JennyStar, @JonathanStar, and @JaydenStar sing #EyesOpen by @taylorswift13 #SiblingSinging #Stars ~Video~

I put my phone away. Thanksgiving is in about 2 days and I'm going to be in the Gold Coast for it.