9 - From Notes to an Introduction

Start from the beginning

"Gabriel."

Gabe turned to see Sam standing there, glaring at the shorter one. Gabriel gulped and then ran off, not looking to see that Sam wasn't actually chasing him, just watching with an amoosed smile.

Gabriel got to what he deemed a safe distance before he stopped to catch his breath. He thought for a second and realized Sam hadn't actually looked that angry. Although his hair was still pink...

~~

Sam picked up the note on his locker, reading it. 'I made the dye, only the soap I made will get it out. Oops :)'

Sam just smiled slightly at the smiley face drawn at the bottom. He had been upset, then realized most people wouldn't be able to see the pink anyway. Although that had led him to an interesting discovery.

He had looked in the mirror to see if the shade of grey was any different from what it was when his hair was brown. But he saw pink.

Obviously he was just as confused as Gabe. Meeting your soulmate was supposed to make the world flourish into colours. Not fade in. Sam had studied it, and fading in wasn't something he had come across often. There were a few cases, but why it actually happened was never discovered. In every one of the cases the person had never seen full colours, it had only been half faded in. But how can someone only half meet a person?

There were obviously many theories out there. Most of them thought it was because of an indirect meeting. Say, a phone call or passing notes. But did Sam know that second answer counted? Nope.

Sam went to his first class of the day, science. Gabriel was in that class. Sam scribbled another message on the back of the paper. 'Well then, could I have the soap? I don't exactly like this colour, doesn't match my eyes.'

When he walked into class, Gabriel wasn't there. Probably avoiding him as much as possible. Gabriel didn't come until right on the bell, only just making it before the teacher.

As Gabriel walked through the classroom to his seat, he passed by Sam, who held the note up for him to take. Gabriel took it without so much as a second glance. When he got to his seat he opened it and read it and then looked up at Sam. And then shook his head. Sam watched as he scribbled something down, but couldn't give it to Sam since class had started.

Sam had to wait until the end of class to find out what Gabriel had written. He stayed seated after the bell went so Gabriel could put the note on his desk as he passed, which he did.

'Nah, I quite like it. And it isn't every day you see a pink moose.'

Sam glared and then left the room, writing something down again. (My god would you guys stop writing and talk already?)

Sam didn't see Gabriel again until recess, which was because he purposely went to the Novak's table. Gabriel didn't notice him approach and then jumped as he tapped him on the shoulder.

The other Novak's (minus Alfie, he was somewhere else) were silent as Gabriel silently took the note, carefully watching Sam. Balthazar whispered something to Castiel who smirked a bit. He then whispered probably the same thing to Anna who laughed. But Gabriel and Sam were too busy in a staring contest to notice.

Sam eventually turned and walked away, leaving Gabriel to read the note. It had only said one word, please.

~~

"So Gabriel," Balthazar said. "Who was that?"

"You know who that was, he's the guy who broke down our front door," Gabe said.

"Because you dyed his hair," Castiel said.

"Is this the guy you started a prank war with?" Anna asked and Gabe nodded.