Part 43: A Little Luck

Katrina's pov
If there was ever a moment I was genuinely freaking out, it was the next morning.

"Wait, do you have the contract?"

"Yes. For the seventh time, the lawyer emailed it to me and I printed it out and it is currently in my suit pocket." He patted his chest.

"Right. Ok, got it." I went back to what I was doing before which was freaking out about everything else.

Shoes, I put them by the door. I ran over and slipped them on. Was I even dressed? I looked down and found a plain black dress on me and a black blazer. Good, I'm not as big of a mess as I thought. Next was my hair. I scurried off to the restroom and put it up in a ponytail so it was out of my face. I quickly washed my face and dabbed on some makeup so I didn't look like I didn't sleep last night, because I didn't.

"Kat, you almost done?" I could here the impatience in his voice.

Was I? I wasn't sure. Was I wearing underwear? I think so.

"Yes." I scurried back to my room and grabbed my bag. "Ok, I'm ready." I nodded.

"You sure?"

"Yes." I nodded confidently.

"You do realize your dress is on backwards?"

"What?!" I looked done and he was right. "Crap." I shrugged off my blazer and fixed my dress. I turned to Harry and spin slowly so he could check it was on right.

"Looks good." He nodded, his cheeks flushed a little. I kissed his cheek before thanking him. I fixed his curly hair that he decided to grow out this summer and he placed his hands on  my waist, pulling me in closer. His green eyes looking at mine.

"You ready?" He asked sweetly, his voice low.

"Nope, but we have to do this so let's go." I replied managing to smile a little.

"We can do this. We're fighting for us. It'll work out. I promise, even if this doesn't happen the way we want it to I'll take care of it." He kissed my forehead.

"How do you always know what to say?" I chuckled, leaning into him more and resting my head on his chest.

"It's part of my job. I sing words too." He laughed. "Come on we have to go." He stepped back and grabbed my blazer. I followed him out the door and said good bye to my aunt as we called a cab and made our way over to the meeting that was going to change everything.

Harry's pov
Since our management rented out an office in Paris to keep up with us, we entered another tall building. This time filled out with rented offices. With our lawyer, we went up to the 9th floor elevator music distracting our nerves and our foots tapping impatiently to the music.

The elevator dinged as the doors open which made Kat jump. I chuckled a little. It was nice to smile during such a stressful moment. That's why I loved her.

We walked up to the reception desk and asked for our manager, Kevin.

"Do you have an appointment?" She asked quietly, obviously intimidated by my presence. She knew who I was and was trying to stay composed.

"He knows I'm here. Please call him." I replied softly so I wouldn't make her job any more difficult.

After a few minutes, Kevin came out with the fakest smile.

"Harry! How are you?" He shook my hand firmly, nodding to Kat, but he furrowed his eyebrows once he got to Ms. Addison. "And who is this?"

"Sir, my name is Cathrine Addison and I am Mr. Styles' attorney. He had some concerns regarding the contract for him and Ms. Hayland and he hired me to review the contract and make the appropriate changes which is why I am here today." He shook her hand hesitantly and confused.

"Harry, we didn't talk about this..." He was caught completely off guard which I enjoyed.

"We're here to talk about it now." I smirked.

"Very well then, please follow me." He lead the way. I grabbed Katrina's hand and followed Kevin into meeting room.

"Please take a seat. I need to call our social media expert." He closed the door and Katrina exploded.

"I'm going I jump out of this window." She walked over the the windows that went from one wall the other from the ceiling to the floor. All of Paris could be seen, the Eiffel Tower, the river, Montparnasse.

"And what for exactly?" I smiled.

"Because I am freaking out."

"And jumping out a window would fix this how?"

"Ok smart ass. Let me find a less painful way to get out of this situation." She said as she rolled her eyes playfully which made Ms. Addison laugh a little.
Suddenly, the doors opened again, this time the lady from last time next to Kevin.

"Please sit." He motioned at the chairs. I tried to look as confident as possible, not wanting to Kat to worry anymore than she had to.

I pulled out the contract from my pocket and handed it to him.

We sat  there awkwardly as they read it. Katrina's hand was in mine and we just kept looking at each other. She would glance at Kevin every once in a while to see if they finished but they always came back to me.

"I have some concerns." Kevin pushed the contract back to me, but Ms. Addison pushed it back.

"Which I am happy to address." She said confidently.

"I'm not signing this." Kevin shook his head.

"And why is that? You have control over what the couple says about their relationship if it is appropriate to the situation which is fair to both parties."

"But they have no penalties if what they say is harmful." The woman spoke up.

"Sir, a relationship is not a business deal. You have some input in what they portray to the public due to the fact that the band is a brand of your management and have a certain reputation, but please feel free to argue in court that you're suing them because they didn't say what you wanted them to regarding their relationship."

That shut them right up. Kevin and the woman looked at each other for a few seconds and struggled say something.

"I'm still not signing it." Kevin finally replied as he shook his head.

"Well then you run the risk of having a girl,who has a very large social media following and is unfamiliar to the industry, free to say whatever she pleases regarding the band."  Ms. Addison crossed her arms. She may look small and quiet but she was killing it.

"We're going have to look this over more carefully." Kevin put the contract in a folder and handed it to the woman.

"Please take your time." Ms. Addison replied.

"Look, I'm not trying to make this harder." I spoke up, needing to pitch in. "It's my life, Kevin. If everyone else has a say in their relationship so should we." I motioned at Katrina.

"I understand, I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for coming." He stood up and extended his hand. It seemed like he just wanted us to leave. The rest of us shot up and shook it before he walked out, the woman quietly following him without saying a word. I turned to Kat and she looked back at me with an unreadable expression on her face.

I just shrugged and she let out a sigh.
We were both scared out of our minds but I loved her so much this had to work out. It was Paris for goodness sake. We just needed a little luck.

So, this story is going to end soon 😭. There might be some 6 or so chapters left then a multiple part epilogue. So in total maybe 10 to 12 chapters. I'm excited to see how this will end. I have so many ideas, I hope you like them! Please don't hesitate to comment or vote! Love you guys!