Part 13: A Whole New World

Katrina's pov
"What rhymes with eyes?" Niall asked.

"Dies." I replied.

"Ok I'm going to sing about some girl's eyes then die. Thank you for your contribution." Niall pushed me slightly.

"I'm sorry. Let me try again." I giggled.

We were slouching on the couch with our feet up. Harry, Liam, and Louis were in chairs in front of us. Zayn was on the other couch, laying down and taking up the whole space. Harry invited me to the studio again and since I have nothing better to do so I said yes. All morning I've just been sitting here listening to them write a song and obviously we were fooling around more than getting it done.

"Implies, prize, highs, lies, tries..." Harry listed. Niall immediately wrote them down and kept scribbling down possible lyrics.

"Never mind." I giggled. And Niall just smiled as he kept writing.

Zayn and Louis fell asleep at some point so Niall set the notebook down and stood up.

"I want ice cream. Anyone else?" He announced.

"Oh me!" I stood up.

"Bring me back some." Liam replied as he grabbed the notebook.

"I'll come too." Harry said standing up.

"Let's go." Niall said as he held the door open for us. Harry grabbed my hand as I followed them out of the studio. It was hot so ice cream was perfect.

"I'm so glad to be out of that studio." Niall said, spreading his arms and looking up at the sun, soaking in the warm weather.

"You guys have been working hard." I said.

"Yeah management gave us some deadlines so we can go on tour when the summer is over." Niall replied.

"Wow." I couldn't say anything else. I tried to sound as if it didn't surprise me, but it did. I totally forgot we lived in different worlds. Harry's was a nonstop whirlwind and mine was predictable and boring.

"Don't worry we still have time." Harry said, trying to make me feel better. He squeezed my hand assuringly.

We got our ice cream and quickly made our way back so it wouldn't melt. We stepped out with cartons in our hands when flashes and shouts surrounded us. It made me jump and drop most of the cartons. I looked around and saw people with cameras. I tried to pick up the cartons but they pushed me until I couldn't get to them. So much was happening at once I didn't know what to do. They shouted at me, but I couldn't understand them all at once. The flashes blinded me and I couldn't see. There were so many of them, I couldn't move. I tried to look for either of the boys but I couldn't see. I tried to say something but I could barely hear myself over to commotion. It almost felt like I was drowning.

Suddenly strong hands, pulled me and I was wrapped against someone. They pulled me away from the paparazzi so I didn't care who it was. They were rescuing me. I hugged them back so I wouldn't be left behind. I closed my eyes and it started to quiet down.

"Hey hey look at me." His voice said. I looked up and Harry was holding me.

"Are you ok?" He wiped my face. I hadn't noticed I was crying.

"There were so many...I didn't know what to do. They came out of no where." I rambled, my shaking hands looking for his.

"I know I'm so sorry. I didn't think they would do that. I'm sorry." He pulled me into him.

I was so overwhelmed and I tried to calm down. He was warm against me and his arms around me made me feel safe. Eventually my breathing went back to normal. We were in a room, the lobby of the recording studio. It wasn't a far walk front the ice cream shop, but I didn't realize how fast we got here.

"Where's Niall?"

"He was knocked down so he's getting his wrist checked out. You're ok though."

"Ok." I nodded still holding on to him tightly.

"I'm so sorry."

"It's ok. It wasn't your fault."

"I should have talked to you about this or warned you." He shook his head.

"It is not your fault. I was surprised. You know I don't like surprises." I chuckled trying to lighten the mood but he didn't say anything back.

"Harry, I'm fine." I assured him, pulling away only slightly to look up at him.

"You just got ambushed by paparazzi! How could you be fine?" He burst. I jumped a little when he raised his voice.

"Harry, it comes with the fame I get that. This was my first experience. I'll get used to it." I replied. He just kept mumbling apologies as he held me. I didn't mind, but I wanted to talk to him.

"Hey, let's talk about it now, ok? It wasn't your fault." I said as sweetly as I could so that we would look at me. His face was buried in the crook of my neck. He slowly pulled away and soon his green eyes locked with mine and I smiled.

"This is a whole new world for me so you have to be strong to show me ok? I'm fine so just tell me what we need to do so this doesn't happen again."

"You're talking to me like I'm a baby." He smiled.

"Well you did bury you face in my neck for a few minutes so pull yourself together man."

"Just never go out alone ok? Always have me, or one of the boys, or your aunt with you. It's safer that way. Also, don't listen to what they say on social media. Most of it is crap and if you have questions or concerns you come to me first."

"Got it." I nodded. He sighed in relief and I giggled. "Now was that so hard?"

"Ok shut up and just hold me. We lost some good ice cream back there and I'm pretty sad about it." He said, making me laugh harder.

"Just imagine how Niall must feel."

"Speaking of, we should go see how he's doing." He grabbed my hand and we went to the recording took where everyone was worryingly huddled around Niall.

"How are you?" I questioned him right as I walked through the door. He looked up, his eyes red and hair all messy.

"I should be asking you that." He replied.

"I'm fine, thanks. But you're the one with a busted wrist. Is it broken?"

"The doctor can't tell, we need to go to the hospital for X-Rays.

"Let's go then." Harry grabbed the keys.

"I'll drive." Louis volunteered but was shot down immediately.

"No!"

"Don't give him the keys!"

"We'd be better off with Niall driving!"

Looking offended Louis placed his hand over his heart. "Wow thanks guys." He scoffed. Everyone ignored him and walked out towards the car.

"Based on the music videos I wouldn't let you drive either." I said, patting his back.

"No one ever lets that go." He rolled his eyes, making me laugh.

I hope you guys like the story! Please vote or comment. I'd really appreciate it. Love you guys!