Part 35: Contracts

Katrina's pov
I opened the door to my aunt's house unable to wait any longer. I just wanted to be inside.

"I'm home!" I announced dropping my stuff by the stairs, too lazy to take it upstairs.

I walked into the kitchen where I heard clashing of pots and pans.

"Hey sweetie! Back so soon?" She asked as she made what looked like spaghetti.

"Something came up." I replied, keeping the answer vague but my aunt saw right through it. She immediately stopped what she was down and sat down on the stool next to me.

"Aww what happened? You ok?" She rubbed my shoulder sympathetically.

"I don't know." I shrugged. I didn't even know where to begin.

"Let me get you a big plate of spaghetti and we can talk ok?"

I nodded. It smelled amazing in there and I was starving.

She set the plate down and I took a bite before continuing.

"So much happened in such little time I don't even know how to deal with it. There's the paparazzi, reporters, social media, and contracts."

"Contracts?" My aunt interrupted me.

"Yeah, I can't say anything that will hurt the band's image." I rolled my eyes. It sounded stupid, but I understood their name was a brand, it was their job. I just wish I could do whatever I wanted to in my relationship. Everyone else did.

"I don't think you should sign it." She shook her head.

"Harry said I didn't have to."

"Then don't." She replied as if it were that simple.

"Then I can't go to any of his events. I can't be there to support him." I sighed.

"Do you even like going anyways?" I stopped mid bite and thought about it.
She had a point. Not going to events meant no reporters or red carpets. Maybe this wasn't as bad as it seemed.

"This is really good spaghetti by the way."

Harry's pov
It was suppose to be our day off. I was suppose to spend it with her, but she left. The next day I just sat there, unsure of what to do and I began to wonder when my life started to revolve around her. We've only been going out for 2 and a half months and maybe we were going too fast, but I know there was nothing we could do. There was nothing we could do to help it. Our relationship was going at 100 miles per hour and there was nothing to stop it. I just hoped we didn't crash and burn.

I was watching TV with the boys, not really paying attention to whatever Louis and Niall were laughing at. Liam went out with Sofia and Zayn was asleep on the couch despite the noise the Louis and Niall were making.

"Mate, cheer up. You guys didn't break up." Louis said, throwing some popcorn at me.

"I'm still worried."

"Then call her up. She's your girl. Make her feel like it at least." He replied.

Louis usually gave really good advice. I just wish he wasn't a pain in the ass about it.

I got up and stepped away into the kitchen to call her. I was nervous as it rung, but I was more worried than anything.

"Harry?" Her sweet voice answered.

"Just wanted to check in." I said nervously.

"I'm good, thanks."

"Did you think? You know about the contract and stuff." Did she think? What a stupid question. What the hell was I doing?

"Yeah, I did actually." She took a deep breath before continuing. "I don't think I'm going to sign it."

"Why not?" Confused as to why.

"Well I'm already not a big fan of your fancy award shows and parties. Am I really going to miss out on much?"

"Yeah you will. I need you there with me. Why don't you want to be there for me?" I replied, surprised at her answer.

"Of course I want to be there for you, but you know I'm not comfortable with it. Besides I won't be able to get in anyways."

"So you're not even going to try?" I raised my voice.

"So now you want me to sign the contract? Are you really mad at me right now?"

"No I don't want you to sign the stupid contract but I need you with me at these fancy award shows and stupid parties."

"What's the point? I can't get in." She huffed in annoyance.

"The point is our relationship!" What kind of question was that?

"I'm sorry if you think I don't want to go because I don't care, but I do! I don't want to go because I don't want a stupid camera in my face the whole time. I don't want to buy a stupid expensive dress I'll never wear again, and I don't want the whole world talking about me either."

"I don't want to talk about this over the phone. I'm coming over." I said, desperately trying to find a way to make her stay. She was slipping away and it was tearing me up inside.

"Harry, can't this wait until-"

"No! It can't wait. The album comes out tomorrow, I have interviews for the rest of the week, and an album release party at the end of the next week. I want to see you now. Give me 10 minutes." I hung up before she could argue because I wasn't going to let her go without a fight.

I grabbed my jacket and slipped on my shoes. The boys called after me, but I slammed the front door and quickly made my way to her aunt's house.
I nervously ran my hand through my hair. How do you convince someone to stay when it's better for them to stay away?

So much drama, I surprised myself. Again, I still have no idea where this story is going because I'm just that good. (Note the sarcasm). Please don't hesitate to comment or vote. Love you guys!