Part 41: Lawyers

Harry's pov
"The date, the one you said would make me fall even more in love with you because you're so romantic, is at a big lawyer's office?" She turned to me, her red dress swaying a little.

"Just thought you'd like to see how hard I've been working, but if you don't appreciate my hard work we'll just go home since you want to just ruin everything." I shrugged and turned around, walking away with my shoulders slouched.

"Wait, I was kidding!" She giggled as she ran after me.

"The lawyer called me saying the first draft was ready to go over. I wanted you to come in to show you so we can get this done as soon as possible."

"We're actually doing this?" She asked as we looked up at the gigantic law office building. "We're actually going to fight your management team?"

"Yes." I chuckled.

"We're not crazy?"

"Oh no, we are."

"Figured."

"Doesn't mean we can't win though."

"Alright. Let's do this." She walked right in confidently. I smiled before walking in after her and going up to the 16th floor.

"What if we can't?" She turned to me in the elevator.

"Can't win?" I clarified.

"Yeah." She answered softly as she nervously bit her lip.

"Don't worry about it, alright? I'll take care of it."

She didn't seem convinced but the elevator doors opened and we walked up the big scary desk with the lawyer's name in big black letters.

"We're here to see Ms. Catherine Addison."

"She's waiting for you in her office. If you'd please follow me, I'd take you." She stood up and walked away without making sure we were following her.

"So serious. Jesus Christ." Katrina made a face before walking which made me chuckled. She opened the door for us and walked up to another scary looking serious business lady at her desk.

Katrina's pov
"Ms. Addison, Mr. Styles is here to see you."

She looked up and recognized him. She stood up and thanked her assistant before turning back to us.

"Mr. Styles, it's nice to see you again. And who is this?"

"I'm Katrina Hayland." I held out my hand which she shook firmly.

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Hayland. I assume she's your girlfriend the contract is for?" She asked Harry.

"Yes, which is why I brought her to review the first draft." He nodded.

"Let's get to it then." She motioned at us to sit down and she handed us a piece of paper similar to the one Kevin, Harry's manager, gave us.

"Basically what it says is Ms. Hayland will attend any event Mr. Styles is allowed to invite her to. Now the band is a business to your management so you do have to compromise the freedom of what you share about your relationship, but there will not be any consequences if something slips."

"Wow that's a lot better than I expected." I replied.

"It was the best I could do." The lawyer shrugged.

"We like it. How soon can we present it?" Harry asked.

"Well since you approved, I can have it done by tomorrow." She nodded.

"Then I'll meet you at my Modest!'s offices and present. I'll let my manager know." Harry stood up and stuck out his hand. "Thank you so much."

I had to do a double take to assure I heard him right. Tomorrow? As in 24 hours? What?

She stood up and quickly shook his hand. "No, thank you. I'll see you tomorrow. Again, nice to meet you Ms. Hayland."

"You too." She held out her hand, which I quickly took. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. Now I see you're both dressed rather nicely." She smiled, motioning at my red dress and Harry's white shirt and strange blue boots with a red star.

"We have a date." Harry chuckled. "Just thought we'd start off the night right." He smiled at me for a couple second before looking back up at the lawyer.

"Let me walk you out." She held the door open for us as we followed back to the elevator.

As soon as the doors closed, I leaned into Harry.

"Tomorrow? Are you insane? You didn't even hesitate or wait. You didn't think it over. You're just jumping into this! What is wrong with you? Are you even ready? Am I ready? I'm not ready." I exploded, my anxiety taking over me.

Harry just stood there with small smile on his face as I freaked out, trying not to laugh or interrupt.

"You done?"

"I don't know, if anything else comes up I'll tell you." I started taking deep breathes.

"I just want to get this done as soon as possible. If that's tomorrow then we're getting this over with tomorrow."

"It's just that simple? You're not going to go over what you're going to say? Or what you're going to wear? How are you going to do this?  Are you just going to walk in there or are you going to set up an appointment? Do you set up appointments to go against your own management? I'm new to this."
I managed to ramble as we walked out of the elevator and out the big law office building.

"I'm just going to wing it." He shrugged which almost gave me a heart attack.

"You're going to wing this?! How? How can you win something like this by winging it? You are going to kill me you know that?"

I stopped walking and looked at him. I was scared out of my mind and he was just winging this. He cupped my face and made me look up at him, directly into his eyes.

"Don't be scared. I have it all under control. Do you trust me?" The familiarity of the question sending chills down my spine and goosebumps all over my body.

"Yeah, I trust you." I couldn't help but smile.

"Now can we please continue the best date of your life?" He smiled.

"I can try. Just let the heart attack you gave me subside." I joked before he grabbed my hand and led me down the street. He wouldn't tell me where we were going. He said it was a surprise and I rolled my eyes as I continued following him. I had no choice. Besides, I was starting to realize his surprises weren't as bad as I thought.

Things are going to happen. Maybe. I don't know, we'll see. Please don't hesitate to comment or vote. Love you guys! Also, thank you so much for 1.5k reads! 😱 you guys are awesome ❤️