Chapter 3- Awakening

Beginne am Anfang

A few bangs are heard on the door loudly.

"Hurry your ass up, Estelle!" I hear my Alpha curse as he was getting impatient with me.

"Coming!" I holler, shaking my gown off to find my old clothes on the counter. The same clothes the werewolves sourced me out in the woods.

I groan, grabbing them and slipping them on, the fabric of the sweatshirt stinging my almost-immovable hand that was swollen and bruised.

My legs manage to stride out of the clinic facility just to see Alpha standing side-by-side next to Fico.

I froze, eyes widening as my heart started to beat.

"We meet again, Estelle," Fico sneers disgustingly, his puncture wounds clearly visible over his jugulars.

"Indeed," I choke out, wishing I had on better presentable clothes.

Alpha clears his throat before looking to me.

"Care to explain to Fico?" He questions me with a cocked head, his whitish-blonde hair drooping down over his tan forehead.

"I wish I could," I began, feeling awful of my own words,"my instincts were being troublesome with me yesterday."

Fico looked enraged of my explanation, his jaw was clenched as he squinted into my eyes.

"Give me one good reason to not rip you to shreds right now," he growls.

I looked at my feet, twisting my barefoot in the muddy grass, the strands twirling into each other and creating knots that eventually broke.

"Fico, you know I don't normally feed of members of this committee," I tell him,"I act pretty calm and distant."

Fico wasn't amused with my speech, neither was the Alpha. I wasn't surprised that they weren't.

My hand lifted up my sweatshirt sleeve, revealing the huge wound on my wrist. Its repulsive looks were in my favor.

"Your friends kind of got overprotective over you last night," I explain,"I tried reasoning but I only got wounded as well."

My shoulders shrugged just as I saw Fico's emotions change into something different.

Sympathy?

Whatever the expression might of been, I walked away without another word.

-

"Sounds like Fico has a soft side," Stacey shockingly realizes.

"No way does Fico have even an ounce of sweetness," Thea disagrees, examining her painted nails.

My friends and I were sitting at a picnic table by the pond an hour later.

I was in new clothes, a maroon short sleeve shirt and shorty denim shorts.

Stacey brought sandwiches with a grinning face as always. My story of explaining things to Fico surprised them, especially how the Alpha let me go without another word.

"Most definitely the Alpha will do something to you for your doings," Thea points out, biting into her sandwich in which she only had left on her plate. Stacey and I had been finished for minutes.

"Nah, the Alpha will let her go," Stacey detrimentally says,"I mean, it's not like she murdered Fico."

"Maybe," Thea stubbornly agrees just as I feel Stacey poke me slightly in my arm.

"You alright, Essie?" Stacey asks me, using my nickname.

I haven't told them of my wounded wrist, I regretted not discussing it, but that'd make the two of them worried for me.