Chapter 23

After a day of being fussed over by Sehun, Luhan was feeling much better after the incident. Although still slightly weak, his face was no longer pale and his hands were all cleaned up and bandaged to the best of Sehun's ability. Sehun was cuddling Luhan protectively when the doorbell rang.

"Is anyone coming today?" Luhan was slightly confused.

After looking at the time, Sehun grinned. "It's probably our friends. School's over and it's your birthday. You still think you can do laser tag in your physical state?"

"Of course I can, now answer the door."

"M'kay."

Sehun did as he was told, leaving Luhan on the couch to himself.

"Helloooooo." Kai greeted, grinning.

"Hey." Sehun said plainly.

The four boys piled in the house and immediately entered the living room.

They were surprised to see the bandages on Luhan's hands, and the weak smile they received as their presence was acknowledged.

Minseok and Jongdae were the first to fuss over him.

"Oh my god, what happened?!" Jongdae asked, his wide eyes mirroring Minseok's.

"It's a long story." Luhan shrugged.

The other two boys sat on the couch as well after getting over their shock.

"We have time." Kai stated.

Luhan sighed, looking to Sehun for permission to tell. He only nodded in response, joining the others on the couch.

"Okay, well, early this morning I went on a walk because I had too many energy drinks, and Sehun's father kidnapped me. He tied me to a tree, and cut my hands. Sehun looked for me later in the morning and found me there."

Only a stunned silence filled up the room. They were all too shocked to speak, all too shocked at the calm way Luhan spoke.

"How can you speak so calmly?" Chanyeol questioned.

Luhan shrugged. "I don't know."

"Wait, Sehun's father did this?" Jongdae was slightly confused by the situation, as was Minseok.

"Oh, um, Sehun's dad is abusive and wants him to go home. He's after us due to he fact I won't let Sehun go home, because the last time he went home he was gone for week, and was really abused." Luhan forgot that Minseok and Jongdae didn't know about Sehun's father

"That's why he was gone for a week? And why he has those bruises?" Minseok sent a look filled with pity Sehun's way.

"Yep, let's just drop the subject. We're safe now and it's Luhan's birthday, so let's celebrate!" Sehun did his best to be cheerful.

"Can you still do birthday things? Do you want to stay home?" Minseok worried towards Luhan.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Sehun did a good job of nursing me back to health these past few hours, so I should be okay. I've played soccer with worse injuries."

Jongdae rolled his eyes at the memory of Luhan playing a soccer game with an unconfirmed broken ankle. "That was stupid."

"If I didn't play, we wouldn't have won the game."

Minseok facepalmed. "How the fuck did you play with a broken ankle anyway?"

"I'm pretty fucking good." Luhan grinned arrogantly.