Chapter 16

After the boys left on Saturday morning, Luhan and Sehun agreed to have a lazy day. They were tired from practically babysitting four annoying teens, and just wanted to take a day to watch movies and cuddle. And drink too many energy drinks.

"Luhan, this is your fourth one. Jesus, how many do you usually drink?" Sehun tried his best to take the drink away from the energized Luhan, who became protective of his precious drink.

"I usually don't count. It varies." He casually took a sip as he said this, causing Sehun to roll his eyes.

"You won't be able to sleep tonight if you keep this up."

"That's nothing different than usual."

"If you don't stop, I'll shower with you."

Luhan almost choked. "What's with you and showering?"

"Whenever I bring it up, you blush. And my main goal in life at the moment is to make you blush as much as possible." Sehun shrugged.

"I'm going to have to make it more challenging for you then."

Sehun smirked. "Good luck with that."

"Whatever, let's just go back to the living room and finish the movie."

They did just that, cuddling up to each other on Luhan's couch as they continued the movie.

Sehun wanted to test out if Luhan really was going to make it harder for him to make the smaller one blush.

He casually placed his hand in Luhan's thigh, a little too close to Luhan's crotch, and began to rub the boy's leg with his thumb.

Luhan knew exactly what Sehun was doing. He did his best to control himself, but it was difficult not to get flustered when his hand was so close to that area. Luhan, then, made the mental decision to play the game as well.

Luhan put his arm around Sehun's waist from behind, his hand's final destination Sehun's hip. Luhan mirrored what Sehun's thumb was doing, except he did it on Sehun's hip, lifting up his shirt a bit to expose bare skin in that particular area. It was only a bonus that the top of Sehun's boxers were slightly showing. Having the perfect opportunity, Luhan played with the fabric with his thumb along with stroking his hip.

To Luhan's delight, he could feel Sehun tense up. It gave Luhan great joy to be able to give Sehun a taste of his own medicine.

"If you don't stop doing that, I'm going to make the shower thing a reality." Sehun finally whispered into Luhan's ear, sending shivers down the smaller boy's spine.

"Then maybe you should stop too." He whispered back.

"What if I don't want to?" Sehun smirked.

"Then I'm not going to stop either."

"I always win games like this, princess."

Sehun moved his hand even closer to Luhan's crotch, if that was even possible, and continued the thumb rubbing.

Luhan had to stifle a moan at Sehun's actions. He was way too close to his private part. Luhan wouldn't go down without a fight, though.

His hand moved to Sehun's, practically perfect, butt and proceeded to rub the same way he had on Sehun's hip. After losing in these types of battles so many times, Luhan had to win. So, smirking like Sehun would, Luhan gave it a pinch, making Sehun inadvertently groan.

"Dammit." Sehun said, realizing the sound that accidentally escaped him.

"I win." Luhan said plainly.

Sehun was the one blushing this time. "Wow, you really did make it challenging."

"That was the plan."

"I'll get you back someday."

"I know."

After that, they just went back to cuddling, and paying attention to the movie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Surprisingly, Luhan fell asleep that night, despite the amount of energy drinks he consumed. And Sehun would've fallen into a deep slumber as well after changing into new clothes, Luhan's clothes, if it weren't for a call he received right before he was to join Luhan in his bed, which was slowly becoming his own bed.

"Come home." The drunken man slurred into the phone.

"No, dad. You kicked me out. I'm not coming back."

"You listen here you ungrateful piece of shit." Sehun's father spat into the phone. "I raised you. I gave you food. I gave you a roof over your head. And this is how you repay me? You get your ass back here right now before you regret it."

Sehun's blood began to boil. Who did his father think he was? He wasn't going to go back to that hell hole. "What are you going to do? Ruin my life? You've already done that."

"I'll hurt your little boyfriend. Come back, or he gets it."

Tears stung at Sehun's eyes whilst he tensed up at the mention of Luhan. "If you touch him, I'll kill you. How do you even know about him, you stalker!?"

"I have my ways. Now, come back if you know what's good for your boyfriend." With that, the angry drunken man hung up, leaving Sehun to his thoughts.

What was he going to do? Even if he did go back, Luhan was in danger by being associated with him.  There was only one thing to do that would guarantee Luhan's safety, and that option made Sehun want to punch a wall and bawl his eyes out at the same time. It was the only way.

Sehun walked into Luhan's room and placed a kiss onto his sleeping angel's forehead.

"No one will hurt you." Sehun whispered, careful not to wake Luhan.

Sehun then went on to gather his things, writing and leaving a note for Luhan in the process.
As Sehun got ready to leave the house, the very few belongings he had at Luhan's in his possession, he turned back and smiled at a Luhan's sleeping figure once more.

"I might never get to say it while you're awake, but I'll say it now. I love you, Luhan."

With that, Sehun left the house, mentally nursing his broken heart with every step he took towards hell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dearest Luhan,

I can't tell you why, but I'm going for awhile. Don't worry about me. This is for the safety of us and everyone we know. Maybe someday I'll be able to tell you why, but, for now, we need to have a break. I hope you'll understand. 
                                                                                                                                                                                  Sehun

Salty blotches of liquid coated the letter by the time Luhan was done reading it. He couldn't quite pinpoint his feelings, for many of them bombarded him all at once. Sadness? Heartbreak? Betrayal? 

They all mixed together to create a headache, and heartache. What did Luhan do wrong? What happened to Sehun? Luhan had so many questions that couldn't be answered at that point in time. All he knew, from the experience of having lost Sehun, was that Luhan felt love towards the boy, a love that was slowly being stripped away and turned into the good 'ol hate that began their relations.

Luhan hated Sehun, but, at the same time, couldn't help but love him. Why did that douchebag have to go and do this? Why didn't he just talk with Luhan and work things out? What would possibly drive him to leave like this? Luhan didn't know, the lack of knowledge driving him crazy.

So, an excruciating pain in his heart, Luhan spent his whole Sunday obsessively calling Sehun, hoping for an answer. None was given to him.

Luhan cried himself asleep that night, having not touched an energy drink that day.
What was he going to do?