Chapter 2

Luhan didn't know what was worse at that moment in time, Literacy or study hall.
Both may have been equally awful, for he had to endure Sehun throughout those two time periods. Enduring Sehun was the last thing Luhan wanted to do. Because of this, Luhan took his sweet time ambling down to Mrs. Song's room, not caring one bit if he was late. He already had received the tutoring punishment, so why should he care about being late? What more could that woman he called a teacher possibly give him as a punishment?

"Luhan, you're late." Mrs. Song said casually as he walked into the classroom. "As of now, every time you're late, I will lengthen the amount of days Sehun will be tutoring you. It was supposed to be two weeks, but now it's three." The teacher was smug as she said this, enjoying the suffering Luhan was experiencing. Karma is a bitch. And Luhan deserved it after years of making teachers angry.

"Go get started. I have meetings during this time, so you two will be alone. I expect work to get done. There is a worksheet on my desk that you must complete with the help of Sehun. Any questions?"

Luhan wanted to rip out her throat, but restrained himself as he fake smiled.

After the teacher left, Sehun decided to explain how things were going to work.

"Alright, here's the deal." Sehun began. "I don't have time for this shit and neither do you, so here's how things are going to work. I'm going to do the math worksheet and you're going to do nothing, except be on fucking time. We are going to sit on the opposite sides of the room and refrain from talking to each other. M'kay? M'kay." Coldness seeped from Sehun's tone of voice, a type of coldness ridden with a lack of care. At least they had something in common. Neither of them could give a shit.

"Sounds like a plan to me. I didn't want to have to hear your voice for an hour anyway." Luhan spat, making his way towards the chair farthest from Sehun.

And the silence begun.

Luhan couldn't stand the silence. It reminded him too much of his home. His parents were rich, but never around to talk to him due to their business and work. He was alone all of the time, in a large house, and learned after a while that silence was his least favorite sound. It was a sound of loneliness.
Tapping his nails on the desk served as Luhan's way of getting rid of the silence and ridding himself of boredom. Luhan got away with such an act for only a few seconds.

"Can you stop it with that goddamn tapping? You're gonna give me a headache." Sehun growled.

"You're face gives me a headache."

"Why? Because of all it's beauty? Is it too much for you?" Sehun smirked at his comeback.

"No, actually. My head just hurts whenever I look at trolls."

"Are you looking in a mirror?"

That smirk. That infamous smirk that made Luhan want to kill him. Sehun was lucky that Luhan wasn't in the mood to become a criminal, or else he would've done so.

"Wipe that smirk off your face before my hand does it for you." Luhan spoke through his clenched teeth.

This only made Sehun smirk more, then return to the math worksheet that was almost filled out.

These were the times that Luhan was happy that he didn't forget his phone and headphones in his locker. He began to listen to music, trying to forget that the biggest douchebag known to man was across the room from him. He succeeded in doing so, obvious because of the fact that he began singing out loud.

"We like to party. Yayyyayyayyyayy~" Luhan sang softly along to Bigbang's We Like to Party.

His voice was soft and beautiful to anyone who heard it. For this reason, Sehun didn't stop him, and enjoyed the older boy's unintentional performance.